Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
Author
Why have a forum?

climbau
1-Aug-2012
10:03:43 PM
you can get a time out but it is expressly forbidden to opt yourself out??? Supposedly there is no way to opt out????
Wendy
2-Aug-2012
10:40:33 AM
I think it's just called not logging on. Are people incapable of that level of self control? Maybe there's some sort of kiddy friendly software that will block chockstone for those people unable to resist?
dalai
2-Aug-2012
4:55:09 PM
On 1/08/2012 climbau wrote:
>you can get a time out but it is expressly forbidden to opt yourself out???
>Supposedly there is no way to opt out????

I have disabled accounts in the past at the account holders request.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2-Aug-2012
6:38:36 PM
On 2/08/2012 dalai wrote:
>On 1/08/2012 climbau wrote:
>>you can get a time out but it is expressly forbidden to opt yourself
>out???
>>Supposedly there is no way to opt out????
>
>I have disabled accounts in the past at the account holders request.

I recall (without finding a link to it), that this issue has been raised before (possibly by climbau, or at least followed up by that user-ID), and at that time the 'opting out' debate centred around/included the total wiping of a contributors posts, in the event that they 'opted out'.

I think that this issue is what climbau is referring to again this time.

My basic knowledge of how the Chockstone formatting system works (I asked the Site Author personally when he was at Mt Buffalo one time), is that posts are time based, and any deletions (by a registered User/Moderator/Site Author/hackers!!), potentially create 'orphan replies' that the time based system doesn't handle well...

Given that this is the case, and apparently can't be changed easily, then it is encumbent on contributors/posters to fully understand that their posts once posted, become part of the public domain and remain as such a part of a collective resource.

In short, if a poster is not prepared to own their opinion as posted, then they should reconsider posting it in a public domain in the first instance...

nmonteith
2-Aug-2012
6:49:25 PM
On 2/08/2012 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>In short, if a poster is not prepared to own their opinion as posted,
>then they should reconsider posting it in a public domain in the first
>instance...

My thoughts exactly. Don't expect moderators or admin to clean up your mess.

freepete
2-Aug-2012
7:25:31 PM
Well put.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
There are 26 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints