Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Poll Option Votes Graph
Yes 31
94% 
No 2
6% 

Author
Should there be a forum section for Videos?

ajfclark
19-Oct-2011
9:23:12 AM
As I mentioned here, the videos thread is a bit of a mess and an absolute dog to find anything in.

I think it'd be a good idea to add a new forum section for videos.

That way each video could have it's own thread and the relevant discussion would be retained with the videos. This would hopefully make it a little easier to find whether or not a particular video has been posted before.

Would you like a separate forum section just for videos?

evanbb
19-Oct-2011
4:48:41 PM
I would be happy for you to do this.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
20-Oct-2011
9:45:57 AM
On 19/10/2011 ajfclark wrote:
>I think it'd be a good idea to add a new forum section for videos.
>
>That way each video could have it's own thread and the relevant discussion
>would be retained with the videos.

You are joking right? I think thread drift / hijack, would kill that concept pretty quickly, based on what I have seen on Chockstone over the years. ☺

>This would hopefully make it a little easier to find whether or not a particular video has been posted before.
>
This is the ideal.
Good luck with getting it implemented...
~>... though (once again based on historical observation), not many enough people utilise the 'search' function provided!
PS; I know you are not one of the non-users of that function ;-)
;-)

ajfclark
20-Oct-2011
10:14:50 AM
On 20/10/2011 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>~>... though (once again based on historical observation), not many enough people utilise the 'search' function provided!

At least the front page of the forum section would list the 15 most recent thread titles. If people put descriptive stuff in there, maybe we'll get less duplicates?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
20-Oct-2011
10:19:19 AM
On 20/10/2011 ajfclark wrote:
>At least the front page of the forum section would list the 15 most recent
>thread titles. If people put descriptive stuff in there, maybe we'll get
>less duplicates?

... or (over time), links back to earlier items in the same thread if people are conscientious enough to provide them?
dalai
20-Oct-2011
11:07:51 AM
I’ve always felt the video section was a pleasant diversion where people can post the better videos which they have enjoyed.

If I want to get a regular fix of videos, there are enough sites that do this very well already including an image of the video on the front screen. If this was set up similar on
Chockstone I feel it is only duplication and personally pointless to create a new topic for each video…

I don’t have the links on my work PC so can’t remember them right now but will post those I usual check here tonight.
kieranl
20-Oct-2011
11:29:32 AM
On 20/10/2011 ajfclark wrote:
>At least the front page of the forum section would list the 15 most recent
>thread titles. If people put descriptive stuff in there, maybe we'll get
>less duplicates?
Rolling around the floor laughing at the idea that people in a public forum will put descriptive stuff in titles. You can't get it in a work environment where the users are identifiable and can be directed. How often have I seen jobs come in with the title "Problem", "Error" or just "".

Mike
20-Oct-2011
11:34:40 AM
Okay guys, I've added a videos forum and moved that massive topic into it.

ajfclark
20-Oct-2011
11:40:44 AM
Thanks Mike!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
20-Oct-2011
11:45:17 AM
On 20/10/2011 Mike wrote:
>Okay guys, I've added a videos forum and moved that massive topic into it.

G'day Mike,

Pardon my ignorance, but how does your recent work enable the following concerns ajf raised?

> the videos thread is a bit of a mess and an absolute dog to find anything in.

> each video could have it's own thread and the relevant discussion would be retained with the videos.

~> It seems to me that you have simply relocated those problems, as I think he was asking for something a little different?

Post edited, due to the enhanced functionality added to the new Videos Topic item.

ajfclark
20-Oct-2011
1:04:54 PM
It doesn't solve the existing problem, it just (hopefully) prevents it getting worse.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints