Chockstone Forum - Chockstone Feedback

Provide Feedback About This Website

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 39
Author
Showing your ignore counts

ajfclark
24-Aug-2011
10:47:15 AM
The stats should show up in your profile. If they don't, you need to edit one of your posts and click the show in profile button.

Any chance we could get this fixed?

Sabu
24-Aug-2011
11:18:13 AM
You mean being able to see how many people are ignoring you and to change it so you don't know?

ajfclark
24-Aug-2011
11:19:46 AM
It should either never show or show all the time.

I'd prefer it to display all the time regardless of whether you have profile topics (even when the number is 0).

rodw
24-Aug-2011
11:25:39 AM
Nice that fixed worked, can see it now....I have 2 ignore and 2 for vote off...love to know what posted pissed those poeple off :)

Sabu
24-Aug-2011
11:25:44 AM
Ahh i get what you mean.

Eduardo Slabofvic
24-Aug-2011
11:26:40 AM
All those ignorers should be outed, so we can ignore them back - that'll teach 'em

nmonteith
24-Aug-2011
11:45:25 AM
5 for me. Probably various alias of Muki, Hex and Ado I presume.

Eduardo Slabofvic
24-Aug-2011
12:07:21 PM
A question for the Mods - has anyone ever actually been removed from the site based solely on the number of thumbs down they get from others, as opposed to people who have been excessively rude/abusive/etc?

nmonteith
24-Aug-2011
12:32:28 PM
On 24/08/2011 Eduardo Slabofvic. wrote:
>A question for the Mods - has anyone ever actually been removed from the
>site based solely on the number of thumbs down they get from others, as
>opposed to people who have been excessively rude/abusive/etc?

Yes. Only once or twice. It was HEX both times - he had well over 20 thumbs downs. It was during his period where he posted random stuff so often in every topic that it was overwhelming the usability for everyone else.
simey
24-Aug-2011
12:50:03 PM
I would like to know who has done the most ignoring.

And what is the psychologcial make-up of ignorers compared to non-ignorers?

Eduardo Slabofvic
24-Aug-2011
12:56:37 PM
Who just made that last post?
simey
24-Aug-2011
1:01:32 PM
Well you must belong to the non-ignorer category Eduardo, because I have just discovered (having experimented with the ignore button) that you can still see the poster's name, just not their comments.

climbau
24-Aug-2011
1:06:20 PM
I find it strange that a user can be removed from the forum, but one cannot leave the forum?
pecheur
24-Aug-2011
1:08:57 PM
On 24/08/2011 climbau wrote:
>I find it strange that a user can be removed from the forum, but one cannot
>leave the forum?
>
Welcome to the Hotel California? (someone had to say it)

Eduardo Slabofvic
24-Aug-2011
2:39:14 PM
>leave the forum?
>

It's a bit like being in the Australian Cricket Team, harder to get out than to get in
Jayford4321
24-Aug-2011
7:13:17 PM
>leave the forum?
>

I heard that Bomber pro left the forum I find that a shame !
IMO he was much more informative and knowledgable than Odius Dag Homo

IdratherbeclimbingM9
24-Aug-2011
9:43:16 PM
>Who just made that last post?

This cracked me up big time, in the context that it had.
You are a funny bugger sometimes ES!

>It's a bit like being in the Australian Cricket Team, harder to get out than to get in

You sure?
It seems they, and recently the selectors(!), have been getting out quite a bit in recent years.

>I find it strange that a user can be removed from the forum, but one cannot leave the forum?
>
I can't be bothered finding the specific post/s and creating a link/s to it/them, (maybe it was just a conversation), but I recall that (or similar question/s) was/were asked a fair while back (read early days of Chockstone).

At risk of my misunderstanding the situation, and if I recall correctly, the answer at the time (from Site Author), was along the lines of the whole Chockstone site is set up as a continuous time-based-response arrangement.
Should a post go missing and especially after it has been responded to, then it leaves orphan posts that (may?) create programme issues(??) further down the line that corrupt other things in the software functions behind the scenes???

Anyway, the upshot at the time was that certain posters who wished to leave no trace of their former presence on the site, could only delete the content of their posts (and some did), but the blank post remained to keep the time-based continuity thing happening????
I gather that it simply made too much work for too little result for Site Author to deal with, but I could be wrong about that too!

As a point of illustration (and I doubt this has happened to many posters), I once made a post to Chocky and got a response back from site, effectively telling me that my post conflicted with another one at the same time, and it was chosen as the victim to be sacrificed.
I retyped it and it was accepted.
I don't know if the clock that measures such things increments in whole seconds or parts thereof...
White Trash
24-Aug-2011
11:32:49 PM
Who cares?
Wendy
25-Aug-2011
7:38:05 AM
On 24/08/2011 jammin wrote:
>On 24/08/2011 climbau wrote:
>>I find it strange that a user can be removed from the forum, but one
>cannot
>>leave the forum?
>>
>
>I heard that Bomber pro left the forum I find that a shame !
>IMO he was much more informative and knowledgable than Odius Dag Homo

I heard Wendy wondering if we need to resurrect the talking about yourself in the third person thread?

climbau
25-Aug-2011
8:36:10 AM
@ Wendy. Not particularly

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 39
There are 39 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints