Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
climbing rope recommendations?
robbio
19-Feb-2022
11:57:29 AM
Would anyone recommend a good value 60m climbing rope?

Uses: mostly sport climbing, with some top roping. My bro is buying his first rope...

Any suggestions welcome.
gfdonc
20-Feb-2022
7:14:02 AM
Tendon's used to be the go-to cheaper rope, but in my experience became fuzzier more quickly than others. Disclaimer: haven't bought one for 10 years, so the current models may be different.
You can sometimes find Mammut ropes on special for good prices.
Beal is the other option.
Personally I've got back to Edelrid, a bit more expensive but handle better.
armstp
20-Feb-2022
12:45:42 PM
The Beal Karma 60m is pretty good value. Wild Earth in Qld have one for around $200 at the moment. I think they only have one left on their site, everyone else seems to have sold out of them.
Bill44
11-Jul-2022
2:02:12 AM
For any beginner climber, choosing the best climbing rope for beginners is a necessary and indispensable tool. The ideal diameter of the wire should be 8.6 mm to 10.5 mm with a thickness of 9.7 mm to 9.8 mm, which will probably give you the best performance.

Duang Daunk
11-Jul-2022
8:52:41 AM
On 11-Jul-2022 Bill44 wrote:
>For any beginner climber, choosing the best climbing rope for beginners
>is a necessary and indispensable tool. The ideal diameter of the wire should
>be 8.6 mm to 10.5 mm with a thickness of 9.7 mm to 9.8 mm, which will probably
>give you the best performance.

What size and rating would you recommend for the shackles bro?
I’d like to know because I saw a U-tube of Dan Osmond roped jumping recently and was thinking of giving it a go next week and need the best performance available for safety.

On 19-Feb-2022 robbio wrote:
>Would anyone recommend a good value 60m climbing rope?
>
>Uses: mostly sport climbing, with some top roping. My bro is buying his
>first rope...
>
>Any suggestions welcome..

There’s more than one answer to your question, and it depends on the intended use/s vs your budget, as most single ropes these days are fit for multi purpose.
Lots of information out there.
Here’s one source.
https://www.climbinganchors.com.au/buying-guide/best-first-rope

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints