Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Cam left on Watchtower Chimney
davich
12-Jun-2018
10:22:15 AM
I got a cam stuck at the top of the first pitch of Watchtower Chimney on Sunday morning. It's a red metolius mastercam. If you managed to retrieve it, let me know.

https://www.bananafingers.co.uk/metolius-master-cams/metolius/master-cam-4

Thanks
One Day Hero
12-Jun-2018
2:00:03 PM
Retrieving stuck gear is work. Nobody owes you free work. That's why it's usual practice to offer a 6 pack for return of abandoned cams.
davich
12-Jun-2018
4:20:21 PM
Happy to buy a six pack for the returner. Or give cash equivalent $$

Or if the person doesn't feel like returning it, it would be cool to know how they got it out. For future reference :)
TimP
13-Jun-2018
6:29:11 AM
Depends on how it's stuck but have a look at the video on the bottom of this page:
https://climbdesign.co/2016/02/19/littlehammer-reverse-impact/
Jayford4321
13-Jun-2018
11:15:30 AM
On 12-Jun-2018 One Day Hero wrote:
>Retrieving stuck gear is work. Nobody owes you free work. That's why it's
>usual practice to offer a 6 pack for return of abandoned cams.

I thought you reckoned abandoned cams are booty.
Maybe that’s why you aren’t a drunk or have earnt enough to retire on?

E. Wells
13-Jun-2018
11:16:16 AM
Thanks for the cam. I got it out after many hours with 5 litres of olive oil , a few floodlights and some breathing excersises.
Jayford4321
13-Jun-2018
11:25:44 AM
On 13-Jun-2018 E. Wells wrote:
>Thanks for the cam. I got it out after many hours with 5 litres of olive
>oil , a few floodlights and some breathing excersises.

Did you take Culla to the Watchtower with you to scare off other booty hunters or boohoo climbers?
gfdonc
13-Jun-2018
3:47:20 PM
On 13-Jun-2018 E. Wells wrote:
>Thanks for the cam. I got it out after many hours with 5 litres of olive
>oil , a few floodlights and some breathing excersises.

Didn't know you were with the SES. Will keep it in mind.
One Day Hero
13-Jun-2018
4:17:52 PM
On 13-Jun-2018 Jayford4321 wrote:
>I thought you reckoned abandoned cams are booty?

They are, but I think it's reasonable for the old owner to ask for the cam back in exchange for beer. Also reasonable for the new owner to not give it back.
I draw the line at taping the cam to your c--k and helicoptering it in front of the former owner while singing "I went and bootied your friend. And it stays on my rack till the end" to the tune of We are the Champions.

Dane
14-Jun-2018
8:28:46 AM
On 13-Jun-2018 One Day Hero wrote:

>I draw the line at taping the cam to your junk and helicoptering it in
>front of the former owner while singing "I went and bootied your friend.
>And it stays on my rack till the end" to the tune of We are the Champions.

But on which side of that is the line?

Because honestly, a video of that would almost be worth buying and sacrificing a friend for ... unless you'll do it for an old rigid stem?

ajfclark
14-Jun-2018
9:27:41 AM
I don't think the term "rigid stem" should be used anywhere near this conversation,
widewetandslippery
14-Jun-2018
9:34:48 AM
Locked, rigid, cams?
Jayford4321
14-Jun-2018
6:52:27 PM
On 13-Jun-2018 One Day Hero wrote:
>I draw the line

Really?
That surprises me.

Let me guess why...
You want a better song tune choice?

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints