Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
What's the best way to mark your gear?
mariaevinne
3-Aug-2017
7:18:43 PM
How does everyone mark their personal gear ? Old school way was to etch the last four of your social

[Moderator edit: This incomplete post has not been edited by me; however the new User ID mariaevinne that posted it has been disabled by me, due my research shows it to be a spammer with 5 offences against its email account; 4 being from IP addresses in Vietnam and 1 from an IP address in USA, so don't expect a reply from it to this site!]
rb
3-Aug-2017
7:45:09 PM
I reckon marking gear is a trap. I know because I marked most of my stuff with enamel paint recently. Now, if a bit of gear doesn't have a paint mark on it, it's easy for everyone else to assume it's theirs. Because if it was mine, it would be marked, right? So if you're super anal and keep every bit of gear perfectly marked (IE not like me) it might work, but otherwise don't do it!

ChuckNorris
3-Aug-2017
8:17:11 PM
Totally disagree marking gear is critically important. I used to piss on mine but then Eduardo started stealing it all and sleeping with it.

Ever since then for soft gear like ropes I cut a notch with a very sharp knife at strategic locations and for hardware I drill my my full name, address, title and phone number through the gear so it can never be erased. Never had anything stolen since.

Rocksinmyhead
3-Aug-2017
9:36:14 PM
On 3/08/2017 Stugang wrote:
>Totally disagree marking gear is critically important. I used to piss on
>mine

No! No! No! You've got it wrong, you piss on everyone else's....

Eduardo Slabofvic
4-Aug-2017
10:00:21 AM
I still steal Spewgangs gear, as the cutting and drilling he does now has a less corrosive effect than application of his urine sample

grantoss
4-Aug-2017
10:17:40 AM
On 3/08/2017 Rocksinmyhead wrote:
>On 3/08/2017 Stugang wrote:
>>Totally disagree marking gear is critically important. I used to piss
>on
>>mine
>
>No! No! No! You've got it wrong, you piss on everyone else's....

jizz is more adhesive
widewetandslippery
4-Aug-2017
2:39:31 PM
The pig dog peed on a crate of cams and chain of an old bike, corroded to hell. Go grantos option

Eduardo Slabofvic
4-Aug-2017
3:14:34 PM
On 4/08/2017 widewetandslippery wrote:
>The pig dog peed on a crate of cams and chain of an old bike, corroded
>to hell. Go grantos option
>
>

Now, I know Spewgang is not the most attractive of fellows, but to refer to the man as a pig dog is going a little too far

Chloe
4-Aug-2017
3:19:40 PM
>jizz is more adhesive

What is this jizz you speak of?

grantoss
4-Aug-2017
4:02:24 PM
On 4/08/2017 Chloe wrote:
>>jizz is more adhesive
>
>What is this jizz you speak of?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jizz&utm_source=search-action
widewetandslippery
4-Aug-2017
4:27:23 PM
Chloe you have a sheltered life. First anal gland I expelled was a bitch called Chloe, ugly business, taught the missus how to do it, then there was the goat, loved her

IdratherbeclimbingM9
4-Aug-2017
9:39:20 PM
I used to mark my gear with nail-polish and tape.
It's wearing off now.
I don't bother renewing it.
Nobody wants to steal ancient gear it would seem...
Heh, heh, heh.

Oh, and Mod is right about marking of gear being an old topic.
Here is a starting point if others want to do further homework...
http://www.chockstone.org/Search.htm

Chloe
17-Aug-2017
3:43:26 PM
On 4/08/2017 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Chloe you have a sheltered life. First anal gland I expelled was a bitch
>called Chloe, ugly business, taught the missus how to do it, then there
>was the goat, loved her

With your colourful examples as inspiration, I'm not unhappy about that!
Jayford4321
21-Aug-2017
6:46:53 PM
I woz temptd 2 mark my fiend ed az a belay slave, but I gave up coz he would neva stand close enuf2 tha cliff while belayin 4 tha rokz droppD 2 do tha job.

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints