Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Resole reviews
technogeekery
13-Feb-2017
1:42:01 PM
I had two quite contrasting experiences recently.

Send a pair of 5.10 Guide Tennies to Big John via drop off service at local gym. Called him in advance to check pricing, and was told would be no issue if they weren't too worn, but to expect some delay. I was in no real hurry, so dropped them off 28 Nov with the promise I'd have them back "well before Xmas". And they disappeared into a black hole at that point. BJ never called, never emailed, you'd think we'd had an embarrassing shag after too many vodkas. I did get word from the guys at the gym that he was going to be taking some leave, so I called him and and was promised that they would be finished and sent before he took some time off. And then back to Coventry for another 3 weeks, until they arrived at the end of January with no further comment. The job was expertly done, and I'm very pleased with the result, cost was reasonable. But two months to resole my shoes, with no communication and broken promises?

Half way through this I wore out my Anasazi gym shoes, so I sent these to Scotty Dog to see if his service is any better. I got an immediate email from him thanking me for sending the shoes, another email on arrival, and then just over a week later another email with receipt for my payment and despatch advice. Shoes arrived back 2 weeks after I posted them. Very nice job, they look and feel like new, but more comfortable, and I had a slightly thicker compound of rubber put on them for gym durability. Final touch - he included a free block of chalk for that gift with purchase feeling!

It is a no-brainer getting shoes resoled, I'd been going to post that a resole is about 1/2 the cost of a new shoe, then I looked at the price of new shoes in Aus, and it is closer to 1/4 the price. Both Big John and Scotty Dog did a good job, I'm very happy with the quality of both resoles. They are not much different on price either, a few $ in it. But I really rate good service, which includes quick turnaround and good communications, so I'll be using Scotty Dog from now on. http://www.scottydog.com.au/

Antforknee
13-Feb-2017
2:46:57 PM
+1 for Scotty dog resoles, I have also used Big John and araplies resoles and whilst I found all three to do an excellent job I found the turnaround and customer service of Scotty dog to be excellent. I recently sent away two sets in very average condition and requested two different types of rubber, the results have been fantastic, almost better than new. (and who doesn't love free chalk!)

There are 2 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints