Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
please look out for stolen climbing gear
lilmel
23-Feb-2015
11:04:40 AM
My mate had his truck stolen but the cops managed to locate it when it was abandoned. Sadly almost all of his climbing gear was stolen so please keep a look out for any of this stuff. It's pretty identifiable:

Harness is an arcteryx 320R size M black and red.
Quick draws are 3 lengths with red wire gates and blue closed gates (he made them).
Green and black daisy chain.
Bright pink corduroy Big Dipper chalk bag.
Brand new blue gri gri.
Green 60m dry mammot rope.
Black rope bag.
Greenyblue black diamond atc.
Bright orange and yellow prusik cordage.

Sabu
23-Feb-2015
11:51:21 AM
Ugh that truly sucks. Hope he manages to recover some of it or has good insurance.
Re keeping an eye out, it might help to note the region or city this occurred in so those nearby can keep an eye out.
One Day Hero
23-Feb-2015
12:33:51 PM
On 23/02/2015 lilmel wrote:
>so please
>keep a look out for any of this stuff. It's pretty identifiable:

Very true, I've never seen a black rope bag before, or a blue gri gri, or a bunch of draws with red and blue biners of unspecified brand!?!? The first climber I see with any of that shit is clearly the thief, and I'll make sure to pinch your mates gear back off them while they're taking a dump in the bushes.
lilmel
23-Feb-2015
12:48:19 PM
No need to be sarcastic. Its a shitty enough situation as it is. I just detailed what was stolen so if it was being pawned off in a big lot maybe someone would recognize it.

Also the draws he made himself as I posted. So they are pretty unique looking.
lilmel
23-Feb-2015
12:49:14 PM
Sorry forgot to note this was in Melbourne around the 20th of Feb.
One Day Hero
23-Feb-2015
1:45:36 PM
On 23/02/2015 lilmel wrote:
>No need to be sarcastic. Its a shitty enough situation as it is. I just
>detailed what was stolen so if it was being pawned off in a big lot maybe
>someone would recognize it.

It is a shitty situation, but I think you're a bit deluded as to how recognizable a pile of mass produced climbing gear is (unless your name is engraved on the stuff)
>
>Also the draws he made himself as I posted. So they are pretty unique
>looking.

Do you really want me to go to my pile of climbing gear and make up 3 different draws which all fit your description? (unless I'm misreading what you wrote and he actually home-forged his biners......in that case, they should be very unique looking)

ado_m
23-Feb-2015
1:55:32 PM
Consider checking whether MV insurance policy covers items kept in the vehicle. Also, if gear purchased using credit card, they often have an associated insurance cover on whole range of events. May be issues in that deductible payable is perhaps worth more than the gear...

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints