Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Found guide book at Taipan.
chickenclimber
16-Oct-2014
8:53:05 AM
Found a guidebook at Taipan on Tues - a bit water damaged but if you know which book and where abouts you left it. Let me know and well get it back to you.

shortman
16-Oct-2014
9:57:38 AM
They should rename the place. Call it Bogong.

Snacks
16-Oct-2014
12:54:57 PM
Hi chickenclimber,

Could you PM me your number.

If the guidebook has some blue dots in it and was found near Snake flake etc it's from a night time sesh a few days ago.

The owner is staying near stapylton.
kieranl
16-Oct-2014
1:01:17 PM
On 16/10/2014 shortman wrote:
>They should rename the place. Call it Bogong.
More appropriate to resurrect an old name - Bushgear

Macciza
16-Oct-2014
8:52:39 PM
Perhaps it was 'stored' there temporarily, to avoid the hassle of carrying it back to the campgrounds...

Eduardo Slabofvic
17-Oct-2014
4:41:41 PM
On 16/10/2014 Macciza wrote:
>Perhaps it was 'stored' there temporarily, to avoid the hassle of carrying
>it back to the campgrounds...

They could tear out the pages they don't need anymore. That would save on weight, considering how marginal the walk out from Taipan actually is.

Macciza
17-Oct-2014
5:58:20 PM
They've already torn out and used the pages they didn't need ...
Their draws are on the route, ropes in the bushes, so may as well leave the guide as well ...

Eduardo Slabofvic
17-Oct-2014
6:44:32 PM
Why don't they just stay out there and be done with all that dreadful walking?

IronCheff
19-Oct-2014
8:43:09 AM
On 17/10/2014 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>They could tear out the pages they don't need anymore. That would save
>on weight, considering how marginal the walk out from Taipan actually is.

I white out all the climbs outside of my range to save weight.
MichaelOR
19-Oct-2014
8:20:49 PM
I've a simpler solution:
Why not laminate the torn out pages and attach the route descriptions to carrots (of course) at the start of each pitch. That would be good for the environment as it would save the paper wasted on printing out theCrag or guidebooks.
We could take it a step further and attach pages of beta at each rest on the routes ..... or at least below the crux.
Might even be useful for me on the Sirocco crux!
Then with an easier walk in we all could tick the crag.

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints