Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
Belay Glasses
Lola
24-May-2014
9:37:41 PM
Hi, does anyone have an idea of the brands of belay glasses? Actually, I've searched on web but I found out that CU belay glasses is too expensive for me. I'm a student, and I need practical advice.
Thank you!
Lola
24-May-2014
10:14:19 PM
No one replies to me? Come on please

Miguel75
24-May-2014
11:08:30 PM
A quick search (button on the left hand side) of Chocky should bring up a few post about belay glasses, and Simey's package.
daave
25-May-2014
7:34:27 AM
Send a private message to One Day Hero. Whilst a student, he too suffered from strains to his neck and bank accounts. He developed his own Belay Glasses, with optional cruising mode, for less than 20 bucks. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to make you and your friends some glasses.

JamesMc
25-May-2014
8:18:58 AM
Lola,
Do you really NEED belay glasses? 99% of us get along just fine without them.

JamesMc
martym
25-May-2014
9:53:58 AM
On 25/05/2014 JamesMc wrote:
>Lola,
> Do you really NEED belay glasses? 99% of us get along just fine
>without them.
>
>JamesMc

I think what he means is, the only people who use them are wealthy Middle Aged climbers who can afford tons of gear they don't really need.

If you are really bothered by neck strain, try belaying side on and swapping from time to time. Try leaning your whole body rather than just your neck, and don't feel bad about not staring at your leader's butt for the whole climb.... It's ok to give your neck a rest every now and then.
Save your $100 for textbooks and Tony's new uni fees!

Miguel75
25-May-2014
11:25:56 AM
Given the recent interest in belay glasses I reckon One Day Hero may be holding the golden goose;

http://www.chockstone.org/Forum/Forum.asp?Action=Display&ForumID=6&MessageID=14919&Replies=71
dalai
25-May-2014
5:58:25 PM
On 24/05/2014 Lola wrote:
>No one replies to me? Come on please

Only waiting 37 minutes on a Saturday night and expecting a response...

phillipivan
25-May-2014
7:05:08 PM
Since I too cannot afford belay glasses I have had to come up with an alternate solution. Unlike ODH's DIY approach I chose to modify my belay technique instead. Now I never really watch my leader (unless they are on the ground), and always keep a nice pile of slack in the system, say four or five metres, just in case they have a desperate clip or something.

Ron McD
25-May-2014
7:24:02 PM
I have only been climbing for a month but I know this real cheap way if you can't afford the glasses, pm for the solution.

Miguel75
25-May-2014
7:33:42 PM
On 25/05/2014 phillipivan wrote:
>Since I too cannot afford belay glasses I have had to come up with an alternate
>solution. Unlike ODH's DIY approach I chose to modify my belay technique
>instead. Now I never really watch my leader (unless they are on the ground),
>and always keep a nice pile of slack in the system, say four or five metres,
>just in case they have a desperate clip or something.

Along with the above technique, Phil may also speak meanly to you, and or sing while belaying.... 5 meters of slack and Beyoncé can be very unnerving;)

Duang Daunk
25-May-2014
8:54:21 PM
On 25/05/2014 Ron McD wrote:
>I have only been climbing for a month but I know this real cheap way if
>you can't afford the glasses, pm for the solution.

You climb monthly?
2 posts and ur spamming me already?
L - o - l - a, Lola, right?

Snappy
2-Jun-2014
10:13:56 AM
On 2/06/2014 Smoothy Kaka wrote:
>Hey, Lola, I've heard a brand from my friend, who called Y&Y belay glasses.
>He said that it's a new brand with company based in France, and now it's
>on promotion, if you like, I could give you the link:

[spam link deleted by Chockstone Moderator]

>Hope that I could help you. And don't worry, I know how it feels being
>a student, I've been through, I could totally understand.

New account. 5 posts. All about promoting some brand of belay glasses.

Mmmhmm.

Miguel75
2-Jun-2014
10:17:35 AM
Smoothy Kaka you cheeky devil you;) Do you happen to work for, or have an interest in, y&y belay glasses?

Chockstone Moderator
2-Jun-2014
10:48:05 AM
User Accounts disabled for the following id's;
Lola
Ron McD
Smoothy Kaka

Due I believe they are all linked-spammer accounts, who mostly posted on this thread.

[Smoothy Kaka useless posts deleted from this thread today, prior to my making the connection between those three id's.]

Sabu
2-Jun-2014
11:03:25 AM
Tidy work!

There are 16 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints