Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 1 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 81
Author
Impersonate a Chocky Mini Rocks Comp Extraveganza

ambyeok
17-Dec-2009
11:02:25 PM
Due to the surprising interest shown by various members of our fine climbing community in pursuit of ownership of my poor lonely, rejected, chastised and ignored mini rocks I have commenced the first ever Chockstone "Impersonate a Chocky" Mini Rocks competition extraveganza.

Yes, thats right folks, up for grabs is... postage included, delivered to your door, service with a smile... wait for it... not one, not one and half, not one and three quarters,... but two, yes you heard right, two fantastic almost brand new shiny mini rocks!!!!

Weighing in at 10gm, boasting sizes 0.5 and 0.75, and sporting 4KN/3KN maybe-it-will-hold holding power (Wild Country's own website rates them at only 2KN on the side so who knows what they are really not capable of), our two fine examples of passive protection come to you direct from my harness where they have languished for more than one full, long and sorrowful year of dejected abandonment.

So, to secure these two almost-shiny not really very scratched at all and never fallen on pieces all you have to do is reply with a post impersonating another chockstone user. There are only two rules, (1) you cannot impersonate yourself, and (2) you must not name the person you are impersonating. The person to make me laugh the loudest gets to take these babies home! Good luck everybody; let the games commence...

wallwombat
17-Dec-2009
11:47:19 PM
They could fit on my aids rack nicely.
I wonder if simey will be able to clean them fom D-Minor, after my seven hour lead?

heh he heh ; )

Are we talking about the same Mini Rocks as discussed here

~> This is very interesting

~>heh heh heh

.....I wonder how the would go in flared pin scars . It looks like they would work quite well.

heh

>>On 7/12/2009 kevinrudd wrote:
>I found an RP Mini Rock at Araps on Friday. Would like to return it to its rightful
>owner.

They would be going to a good home. I get no complaints from the other indespensible items on my rack.

heh heh heh heh ~>

I better take one of these ........ I'm getting a bit excited.

>

heh heh heh x 10000

heh heh

~> heh

; )

DaCrux
18-Dec-2009
12:42:09 AM
On 17/12/2009 ambyeok wrote:
>Due to the surprising interest shown by various members of our fine climbing
>community in pursuit of ownership of my poor lonely, rejected, chastised
>and ignored mini rocks I have commenced the first ever Chockstone "Impersonate
>a Chocky" Mini Rocks competition extraveganza.
>
>Yes, thats right folks, up for grabs is... postage included, delivered
>to your door, service with a smile... wait for it... not one, not one and
>half, not one and three quarters,... but two, yes you heard right, two
>fantastic almost brand new shiny mini rocks!!!!
>
>Weighing in at 10gm, boasting sizes 0.5 and 0.75, and sporting 4KN/3KN
>maybe-it-will-hold holding power (Wild Country's own website rates them
>at only 2KN on the side so who knows what they are really not capable of),
>our two fine examples of passive protection come to you direct from my
>harness where they have languished for more than one full, long and sorrowful
>year of dejected abandonment.

maybe you should try RSVP?

heh heh heh
rightarmbad
18-Dec-2009
2:23:30 AM
Due to the surprising interest shown by various members of our fine climbing community in pursuit of ownership of my poor lonely, rejected, chastised and ignored mini rocks I have commenced the first ever Chockstone "Impersonate a Chocky" Mini Rocks competition extraveganza.

Yes, thats right folks, up for grabs is... postage included, delivered to your door, service with a smile... wait for it... not one, not one and half, not one and three quarters,... but two, yes you heard right, two fantastic almost brand new shiny mini rocks!!!!

Weighing in at 10gm, boasting sizes 0.5 and 0.75, and sporting 4KN/3KN maybe-it-will-hold holding power (Wild Country's own website rates them at only 2KN on the side so who knows what they are really not capable of), our two fine examples of passive protection come to you direct from my harness where they have languished for more than one full, long and sorrowful year of dejected abandonment.

Insert a boring picture of two worthless pieces of gear that I don't want anyways....

So, to secure these two almost-shiny not really very scratched at all and never fallen on pieces all you have to do is reply with a post impersonating another chockstone user. There are only two rules, (1) you cannot impersonate yourself, and (2) you must not name the person you are impersonating. The person to make me laugh the loudest gets to take these babies home! Good luck everybody; let the games commence...

GravityHound
18-Dec-2009
6:57:17 AM
Holy crap WW. Nice impersonation. You also know too much about HTML.

ajfclark
18-Dec-2009
8:06:46 AM
On 18/12/2009 GravityHound wrote:
>Holy crap WW. Nice impersonation. You also know too much about HTML.

Needs more ~> and ;-)...

Eduardo Slabofvic
18-Dec-2009
8:27:03 AM
I always use mini rocks when ever I'm freeing old aid routes ground up, on sight, and if you can't place
them then you're completely useless. But don't worry, because you can come around to my place and I
will allow you to observe my awesomeness first hand and if you're lucky some of this will rub off on you.

Don't bother replying to this as I'm right and your wrong, and I'll get defensive and indignant if you look at
me sideways.

wallwombat
18-Dec-2009
8:51:22 AM
Nice one Eduardo but it's not the same without the mullet icon.
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
8:53:27 AM
It’s quite obvious that you are just some Buddhist alarmist. No right thinking person would believe the stats you have quoted as they are obviously the result of a global conspiracy of furry creature loving hippies to stop people using these perfectly good pieces of protection. I’ve created this graph of real and relevant figures to demonstrate that they are in fact, completely bomber:

You can also see from these sites that the figures that these fear mongering peenut lovers are fudging the scientific evidence. These studies were in fact completed on minirocks, there has just been a typing error in the website production.

These are the real figures

And here they are again

Serious studies, not that sort of irrational pseudo religious nonsense spouted by minirock alarmists, show that the strength of minirocks is actually improving

Finally, I want one of you alarmists to give me a answer to the basic question: how many times have these rocks failed when you fell on them? Come on, I’m waiting for answers. It’s a simple question. The silence is overwhelming me. That’s because you haven’t broken one, isn’t it? See, they are fine. You are carrying on about nothing. And just to prove it, here’s a picture showing how minirocks have been holding falls for hundreds of years

Eduardo Slabofvic
18-Dec-2009
9:06:07 AM
On 18/12/2009 Wendy wrote:
>It’s quite obvious that you are just some Buddhist alarmist.

You have way too much time on your hands
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
9:09:41 AM
Well, you know what my other option for this morning is ...

ambyeok
18-Dec-2009
9:12:03 AM
I have been following the mini rocks debate with quite some interest and Eduardo Bombervic is totaly wrong, its pointless even arguing with him anymore. The 1987 Thompson report showed a 10% decrease in mini rock usage over the entire preceding decade which was clearly the result of higher trade tariffs and a general political shift to the centre right. The crux of the issue is whether Fielding and Plimer can establish a majority coalition with 2 greens, 7 independents, 14.65 liberals or 12 partridges in a pear tree and pass mini rock legislation through the senate. We have heard all of these arguments before and anyone who doesnt believe despite the overwhelming evidence just doesn't want to hear the truth.

ambyeok
18-Dec-2009
9:22:01 AM
On 18/12/2009 wallwombat wrote:
>Nice one Eduardo but it's not the same without the mullet icon.

Is this the one you were thinking of?

wallwombat
18-Dec-2009
9:34:10 AM
I hate dogs and people who own dogs. Dog owners are small-minded and irresponsible. The should be laws prohibiting dog ownership in this country. There would be less starving people in this world if there were no dogs. Contact with dogs causes cancer. It's been proven. People who own dogs hate children and frail old people. Dogs bite people. Dogs ate Harold Holt. Dogs have fleas and are unclean. It's been proven. Dogs lick their naughty bits and are disgusting. It's been proven. Dog owners are a blight on this country and should be flogged. Dogs are a blight on this country and should be flogged with their own leashes. People who own dogs are nothing but dirty, misanthropic midget fiddlers.

>I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts
>to bite people themselves.
> -- August Strindberg, A Madman's Diary, 1895

This guy agrees with me because I am right and I'm not the only one. There is no excuse for having a dog, blind people included. They should fuken harden up. If I shut my eyes, I can get around without a dog. Why can''t they? I read, recently that ferrets are very good at sniffing out explosives and drugs. It's been proven. We should use them instead of dogs. They are smaller too, so the government wouldn't have to spend as much on their little uniforms. There is simply, no excuse for owning a dog. The government should build a really big concentration camp, in the Northern Territory, with a really big fence, with lots of razor wire and all dogs and dog owners should be made to live there, after they are flogged.

evanbb
18-Dec-2009
9:45:12 AM
On 18/12/2009 Wendy wrote:
>It’s quite obvious that you are just some Buddhist alarmist.....

Awesome.

wallwombat
18-Dec-2009
9:52:42 AM
Yeah, that's gold, Wendy.

I love the links "Here are the figures' and "And here they are again".
simey
18-Dec-2009
10:10:26 AM
Nice work Wendy and Eduardo, but my money is on Wallwombat to take out the title.
jamief
18-Dec-2009
10:10:37 AM
There is an incredible amount of quality bouldering around Melbourne, I’m just not going to tell you where it is ;-) as it will all be revealed in my imminent guidebook. I can point you in the direction of some choss at Merri creek though. If you find anything worth chalking up for then just remember I did years ago and it’s very clear that you are ignoring history to try and claim the FA, and anyway, there’s much better bouldering around than that.

Mini-rocks? I don’t climb roped anymore and I’m unfortunately resting my injured shoulder for the next time trial, so I’m not training. Speaking of bouldering, did I mention the volume of high quality bouldering around Melbourne? You just have to know where to look…or wait for the guide ;-)

..::- Chris -::..
18-Dec-2009
10:15:05 AM
---- Fine Climbing Cumunity ---- ? > A Mini Rock for a being a C#CK now thats SouNDZ Like a CHoccy Mock !@# --------

NEXt you'll be giv'n daway a CAM for sEX, but Personally I prefer playing the DEX , Whilst drinking BeX follwed by some hot and steamy S$X but don't call me rEX my real friend's call me The H??....

Oh BYE the Weigh.... ----- If YAZ is BoAred of Sex --- Try CluCking (climbing whilst F$#Cking)I'm a CluCker like (TIGER)....

SO before you start to Mock -----> send me my Shiney rocks ----

----- Maybe a Mini C$CK in a SoCK for THE SEConD Cummm INg --- #$ >>>>>

Luv H3+
---------

masterofrup
18-Dec-2009
10:37:15 AM
fun-ny!

Page 1 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 81
There are 81 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints