Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Gear Lust / Lost & Found

Rave About Your Rack Please do not post retail SPAM.

Page 2 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 81
Author
Impersonate a Chocky Mini Rocks Comp Extraveganza
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
10:38:22 AM
You may have noticed, I'm kind of into flogging.

evanbb
18-Dec-2009
10:41:36 AM
On 18/12/2009 Wendy wrote:
>You may have noticed, I'm kind of into flogging.

Ahhh, sorry Wendy?

Wait. I think I get it.

Saving myself up for a big one later today. Not sure who to take on, but I've got some plans.

ajfclark
18-Dec-2009
10:43:04 AM
Funny, I thought of a few people that could be and then I realised it was a direct quote talking about actual flogging, not flogging as a euphemism for something else.

wallwombat
18-Dec-2009
10:48:14 AM
I think that's actually meant to be me. I could be wrong.

ajfclark
18-Dec-2009
10:51:39 AM
I think you're right:

On 10/12/2009 wallwombat wrote:
>You may have noticed, I'm kind of into flogging.
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
10:56:45 AM
Hi there, I realise you didn’t ask for this, but here’s my very extensive list of totally mindblowing things to do at all styles and grades across the entirety of Western Mongolia, which has some of the best climbing on the planet, extracted from my soon to be released guidebook, which incidentally, we need photos for, so please send in any fantastic shots you’d like us to include, and you can see all the updates at these amazing crags at www.superdooperallinoneguidebooks.com/updates and here’s some fab topos to the crags at www.iveevengotgpsreadingsforeachplacement.com and you can see the speccy photos from our last weekend there at www.ivegotenoughenthusiasmtopromoteclimbingacrossthegalaxy.com

(Post addition: Sorry, I love your work really … but I couldn’t resist)
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
10:59:52 AM
On 18/12/2009 wallwombat wrote:
Dog owners are a blight on this country
>and should be flogged. Dogs are a blight on this country and should be
>flogged with their own leashes. (snip) The government
>should build a really big concentration camp, in the Northern Territory,
>with a really big fence, with lots of razor wire and all dogs and dog owners
>should be made to live there, after they are flogged.

I've noticed a theme of his lately.
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
11:01:45 AM
On 18/12/2009 evanbb wrote:

>
>
>Saving myself up for a big one later today. Not sure who to take on, but
>I've got some plans.

I can't wait. This is excellent fodder for procrastination.
simey
18-Dec-2009
11:08:03 AM
>(Post addition: Sorry, I love your work really … but I couldn’t resist)

Apologising to people for taking the piss out of them isn't allowed in the rules. By the way, that was pretty good.
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
11:09:58 AM
On 18/12/2009 simey wrote:
>>(Post addition: Sorry, I love your work really … but I couldn’t resist)
>
>Apologising to people for taking the piss out of them isn't allowed in
>the rules. By the way, that was pretty good.
>

But he really is sweet, wellmeaning and he's coming up to visit tomorrow. I felt a little guilty for teasing him.

wallwombat
18-Dec-2009
11:10:43 AM
I thinks it's kind of funny that I haven't seen TonyB on Chockstone for ages but earlier I had a look who was online and there he was.

What a day to pick to make a return!

heh heh

evanbb
18-Dec-2009
11:26:14 AM
New Route: Banana Captain; 280m, crux 23. bolted

Takes an obvious line through some good rock and some terrible choss. required extensive cleaning and we were attacked by birds.

Was bolted over 3 weeks and used over 65kg of stainless steel. Half the bolts have been pull tested; the other half don't have glue. It's fun guessing which is which as you clip them.

Access:
Fly to Scotland and catch a bus to Aberdeen. Hire bikes from the local shop, then head west out to the cliffs. Take the Aberdeen Head road for 16km, taking the left fork at 6km. A large tree at 16.4km is a good spot to leave the bikes. Rack up here.

Walk 3.5km to the cliff edge and locate belay bolts set well back from the cliff. They're actually tent pegs. Rap 280m to the ocean. P1 starts up and left 4m.

P1: 23, 45m
Up and left to clip U bolt. Up through dinner plates and sand through the steepness. Jugs appear when you need them. DBB
P2: 14, 60m.
Access pitch largely. Bring some big gear or use the sparsely spaced bolts.
P3-7 12?-24 climbing
Up as you please, following the bolts.

nmonteith
18-Dec-2009
11:56:00 AM
Anyone (female) interested in becoming partners in a massage business I'm thinking about starting
up? I'll do all the leg work whilst you'll be in charge of front of house and back of house duties.
Sometimes we might need to work together closely when business is quiet. I haven't really had much
time to write up a business plan as I've been incredibly busy so its probably best if you just pop over
and introduce yourself in person next time you are passing through Natimuk. My place is easy to find,
just ask any person of the female persuasion in town. Please ring in advance just in case I'm busy
with one of my other clients. I'll probably only be 5 minutes or so.

Sincerely,

Tiger of the plains

p.s. - I really miss the days when I was once Australia's most eligible bachelor*.

* Natimuk region area 1996-1997 as judged by three ladies of european extraction found in a state of
dishevelment on top of Golden Streak boulder at 3am.
gfdonc
18-Dec-2009
12:07:54 PM
On 18/12/2009 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>Don't bother replying to this as I'm right and your wrong, and I'll get
>defensive and indignant if you look at
>me sideways.

That should read: "I'm right and you're wrong".
simey
18-Dec-2009
12:19:46 PM
I really didn't realise just how big Australia is. Is Robinvale classed as the outback? How far is Robinvale from Arapiles? I can't even imagine 45+ degrees. Are Ozzie bees more scary than British bees? I can deal with bees as long as I'm not on lead and discover a nest. What's a wattle? Scorpions! ahhhh... What the hell is a drop bear? I've been reading up about snakes and as long as you don't bother them they'll leave you alone. All I know is that you don't suck out the venom. I can cope with the spiders I think - as long as they don't bite me or crawl on me or find their way into my car while I'm on the go... Who am I kidding -I'm terrified. Tar? is that just the road -still not down with the lingo. Do all cars not have spare tyres in Oz -We have to carry a spare in UK. How far are distances between petrol stations anyway? Do you have to carry spare fuel on these roads? x

evanbb
18-Dec-2009
12:23:27 PM
On 18/12/2009 nmonteith wrote:
>Tiger of the plains

This is loads of fun. Well done thread starting Captain.
adrian
18-Dec-2009
12:31:27 PM
On 18/12/2009 Wendy wrote:
>Hi there, I realise you didn’t ask for this, but here’s my very extensive
>list of totally mindblowing things to do at all styles and grades across
>the entirety of Western Mongolia, which has some of the best climbing on
>the planet, extracted from my soon to be released guidebook, which incidentally,
>we need photos for, so please send in any fantastic shots you’d like us
>to include, and you can see all the updates at these amazing crags at www.superdooperallin
>neguidebooks.com/updates and here’s some fab topos to the crags at www.iveevengotgpsreadin
>sforeachplacement.com and you can see the speccy photos from our last weekend
>there at www.ivegotenoughenthusiasmtopromoteclimbingacrossthegalaxy.com
>
>(Post addition: Sorry, I love your work really … but I couldn’t resist)
>
That's gold Wendy!
Wendy
18-Dec-2009
12:40:02 PM
I recently removed this whilst rebolting in the Gross and took it home for testing.

I hadn’t seen one around for a very long time. You used them by threading the rope through the chain, across to the other side of the clamp, hooked back to the spring and cranked it up, as in this diagram here.

In spite of the corrosion and the obvious signs of incremental stress progession and superficial wear of the coating plate, closer examination revealed reasonable condition of the core products although there was a risk of seizing within the central joints. I expected it to be able to withstand close 22kn, which I calculated using the formula:

M= Σ31βx4Δςturtle

It actually failed earlier than expected, at the spring, releasing the pressure such that the rope flew through the air, completed a scottish jig before a sudden rebond flicked it back and knocked over my beer as represented by this chart:

nmonteith
18-Dec-2009
12:46:02 PM
You could have had a whole column in CRUX Wendy... classic.
simey
18-Dec-2009
1:04:18 PM
You are definitely on a roll Wendy.

Page 2 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 81
There are 81 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints