Report Accidents and Injuries

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 30
Author
Bouldering after a caesarean?
rachel42
19-Sep-2012
8:39:58 AM
Hi Jane,

I asked the physio in the hospital about climbing. She said that it could take up to 6 months for your hormones and core muscles to return to normal and to take up high strain activities very slowly. She said sit ups were ok once the gap in your abdominal muscles had closed to less than 2cm. In general she suggested 6 weeks was the time to start exercise, beyond gentle walks - but I had a normal delivery so for a cesear it would probably be at least a few weeks longer.

You are not in Sydney by any chance? I'm hoping I might be ready for very easy top-roping in a couple of weeks - there isn't really very easy bouldering. I'm looking for mid week, day time partners at St Peters who don't object to long breaks for baby feeding, etc.
TonyB
19-Sep-2012
9:42:08 AM
On 18/09/2012 jane wrote:
> ... Does anyone have any experience of this, or
>advice you could offer me please?

For my wife it was 4 months.
martym
19-Sep-2012
12:03:18 PM
It's no different to any other operation really - follow doctor's orders!

My wife had a natural birth & was climbing after 3 weeks.
My friend had a shoulder operation and was out for 6 months.

When you can put your hands up and hold your body weight, and the doctor says go for it - go for it.
Jayford4321
19-Sep-2012
12:40:24 PM
On 18/09/2012 wallwombat wrote:
>I call myself wendy on that forum.

On 19/09/2012 simey wrote:
>On 18/09/2012 stugang. wrote:
>>>interesting topics in the room
>>
>>I liked the thread Can i climb with a woman who's not my GF.
>>Hey simey, you wanna ditch ODH and come climbing with me?
>
>Exactly how does that thread relate to me and ODH (whom I have only ever
>climbed with once)?
>
>But hey, if I am around I am keen to do some climbing (even if you are
>the wrong sex).
>

You seem a little touchy about it but anyway take your pick.

ODH climbs like a blouse even if he is not your steady friend.
(Did you know he has been two timing you with the one known as wendy over in that room)?

ODH climbs like a blouse and I read somewhere there that wendy is happy to take your place.

If ODH gets any more blousier after climbing with you I overheard him tell another man that he will give up climbing and take up tyroleaning instead, so then he won’t be available as a partner but will continue to live viciously (vicariously?), on chocky anyway.

Since I know your not fussy and I have time on my hands (and a colourful toe at the moment), I figured I could match your climbing grade as warm ups to getting back in shape, (just don't ask me to help you move your washing machine if your partner err, climb relationship falls through).

jane
19-Sep-2012
12:56:28 PM
Hi everyone,

Thankyou very much for all your advice and suggestions. I'll expect it to be a number of months at least then, but knowing that means it will be easier to wait - and maybe I'll check out Black Range first. I really appreciate your personal stories too, its often more useful than just what the doctor tells you. The babies aren't here yet, but I was keen to have some idea what to expect. The plural was why I thought bouldering might be a better option than roped climbing for a while...
Sorry I'm not in Sydney, Rachel, otherwise I'd love to climb with you :)

sorry for the temporary thread hijack... please carry on with the hilarity, I'm learning a lot!
TonyB
19-Sep-2012
3:23:08 PM
It's worth buying a little pop up baby tent for the baby, when you get back into climbing. We found it very helpful, until our baby started walking.

wallwombat
20-Sep-2012
3:07:34 AM
On 19/09/2012 jane wrote:
>........ and maybe I'll check out Black Range first.

You should. It's awesome up there.

It's a magical playground.

Don't let our collective negativity and general all-round cynicism effect your desire to climb.

Climbing is fun.

That's the most important thing to remember.

DaCrux
20-Sep-2012
11:58:46 AM
I was told by my physio I could start doing "light exercises" i.e. walking after 6 weeks and could start climbing again after 3 months :)

vwills
21-Sep-2012
3:43:25 PM
Maximum tensile strength of a wound (from collagen remodelling) is not achieved for 12 weeks.
Your wound will have also have been sewn by obstetricians. Give it time to heal. Do plenty of walking and leave the straining til later.

ajfclark
21-Sep-2012
5:26:24 PM
I guess that means a high fibre diet too?

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 30
There are 30 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints