1% 

Page 5 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 90
Author
How many time have you hit the ground falling off

hangdog
13-May-2013
2:07:41 PM
5 times i think.
I was leading a climb called Avago at Piddo in the late 70s. I had climbed past the dick feature runner and was above the tree line when a foothold broke and i fell through the top of the tree. I hit a branch with my chest, the branch broke slowing me down and i hit the ground next to the belayer and went for a slide down the scree slope.

Soloing at The Comenarra Parkway a hold breaks and i fall feet first about 4mtrs. i think i broke my heel.

Leading Taurus at Piddo got to the crux ran out of talent and fell off.I pulled a wire out on the way and landed on my back in the only flat spot on the whole track.

Again a foot hold flake broke on a a route at Zig Zag I fell off ,landed on a ledge feet first flipped over backwards and landed on my back on the ground. Broke the stem of the cam on the way.

Bouldering at Balmoral Beach with one hand on the top of the crag a hold breaks and i fall 5 mtrs onto my head. 2 weeks in hospital with a fractured skull.

I dont want to fall off anymore !!
Mike Bee
13-May-2013
2:43:19 PM
I think the lesson there hangdog is to stop climbing on choss!
martym
15-May-2013
11:31:03 AM
On 13/05/2013 hangdog wrote:
>I dont want to fall off anymore !!

how many times have you fallen off the swivel chair at work Pete?

hangdog
15-May-2013
12:17:04 PM
On 15/05/2013 martym wrote:
>On 13/05/2013 hangdog wrote:
>>I dont want to fall off anymore !!
>
>how many times have you fallen off the swivel chair at work Pete?

Once. but nobody saw me :) but i nearly fell off my chair when i realised the euro blonde you were chasing actually agreed to a date with you. :0
GoUp!
15-May-2013
12:23:14 PM
My top rope slings wore through when we were doing laps on Heavy Haulage at Bonnet Bay. Fell from sonwhere up near the cave. Fortunately I land flat as a pancake on the lovelly flat grassy ground - walked away without even being winded....
Damien Gildea
15-May-2013
12:59:18 PM
On 13/05/2013 hangdog wrote:
>5 times i think.
>
>Bouldering at Balmoral Beach with one hand on the top of the crag a hold
>breaks and i fall 5 mtrs onto my head. 2 weeks in hospital with a fractured
>skull.

Huh. My only ground fall was bouldering just around the corner at The Spit, near Parriwi Rd, a hold broke, I barndoored, foot pivoted off and I fell 5m feet-first, standing.

Lesson is - stay off Middle Harbour seaside sandstone!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
15-May-2013
1:27:51 PM
On 15/05/2013 Damo666 wrote:
>Lesson is - stay off Middle Harbour seaside sandstone!

... or know that climbing choss (which can be fun), involves this possibility.
;-)
mikllaw
15-May-2013
10:27:47 PM
On 15/05/2013 GoUp! wrote:
>My top rope slings wore through when we were doing laps on Heavy Haulage
>at Bonnet Bay. Fell from sonwhere up near the cave. Fortunately I land
>flat as a pancake on the lovelly flat grassy ground - walked away without
>even being winded....

didn't the screwgate hit you once you were flat on your back? Or did I make that up?
Either way, that's a long way to fall.

ajfclark
18-Apr-2015
6:48:24 AM
On 2/03/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>Twice. Bizarrely both on camera.

With one now being Rock and Ice's Weekend Whipper: http://www.rockandice.com/video-gallery/weekend-whipper-grampians-grounder

>Two bits of gear stripped - including one tricam.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8NqgeN8qUs

Neil, I'd expect some new comments on that video letting you know exactly what you did wrong.

gordoste
18-Apr-2015
2:48:21 PM
On 2/03/2012 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>I mean to say, if we open that door even just a crack, all the pedants
>come rolling in like oranges, then the whole place goes to rack and ruin.
>So, no, sorry, but no.

Wrack and ruin.

I've had none. But I did take a totally uncontrolled fall from about 4m through a fig tree from the mossy topout of a boulder problem. The moss was an inch thick and I wasn't expecting to make it through the crux!

Page 5 of 5. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 90
There are 90 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints