Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 24
Author
Dangerous habits at Point Perp on the weekend.
climberman
2-Oct-2014
12:10:44 PM
cheers PT

nmonteith
2-Oct-2014
5:12:08 PM
On 2/10/2014 PThomson wrote:
>I might be wrong, but looking at the route description in the guide, and
>from my memories of the day, the actual route in question started
>from a semi-hanging belay a bit up from the ledge to avoid the superchoss
>(sort of like Werner Berner) and that the climbers accidently rapped past
>the belay to ledge (just like I did on Werner Berner) and subsequently
>had to free-solo unprotected up bad rock to get back on-route.

Yep, that is exactly what happened Paul. They were off-route climbing up a section of ultra-choss to reach the actual climb.

nmonteith
2-Oct-2014
5:14:53 PM
Pulling ropes down after you? Yikes! That's a disaster waiting to happen! If you want to toprope at Point Perp then just belay from the top. Obviously many of the newer sport routes at Windjammer and region have lower-offs so top-roping off these would be ok, but generally trad gear is WELL back from the edge of all Point routes - so you would need at least 10m of slings/cordelete to rig any sort of good anchor.

The accident I was involved with was much less an epic because the guys left a fixed rope in place.
ropedonkey
2-Oct-2014
6:18:05 PM
The stuck ropes I helped with were caused by rapping in a tight corner crack and the ropes just squeezed into the crack and jammed. .
Perfect for rapping..
Crap for top roping..

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 24
There are 24 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints