Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond: 120cm Nylon Runner. (Open sewn sling) 18mm wide nylon. Assorted colours. Awesome value IMO.   $8.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Accidents & Injuries

Report Accidents and Injuries

Author
Problem with assuming.

Groveller
17/11/2012
1:10:40 PM
I know the old saying of assuming things. Little story from yesterday.
Had a good time at Black Hill near Kyneton. On top of Deceit Slab, just finished Barefoot and Pregnant G18 and ready to finish for the day.
Throw the rope down to Popeye and head off to the descent route. Whoops, no descent route.
Had to bribe Popeye for a rescue (again). Cost $288.
Ps I wonder how many people have little mishaps like this and never tell for fear of ridicule?
dalai
17/11/2012
2:53:50 PM
Used to be able climb off via the tree behind?

kuu
17/11/2012
3:49:41 PM
On 17/11/2012 Groveller wrote:
>I know the old saying of assuming things. Little story from yesterday.
>Had a good time at Black Hill near Kyneton. On top of Deceit Slab, just
>finished Barefoot and Pregnant G18 and ready to finish for the day.
>Throw the rope down to Popeye and head off to the descent route. Whoops,
>no descent route.
>Had to bribe Popeye for a rescue (again). Cost $288.
>Ps I wonder how many people have little mishaps like this and never tell
>for fear of ridicule?

$288 for a rescue?

Is that Popeye's Standard Rate or did you get a Mates Discount? ;-)

Groveller
17/11/2012
4:30:43 PM
Could have climbed off the tree but it looked like a fair drop if I slipped. The climb next to it is supposedly 10 meters so a fall from the tree would have to be 5.
Popeye's standard rescue fee is a bottle of something, this time it was a PS3.

shortman
17/11/2012
9:31:03 PM
On 17/11/2012 dalai wrote:
>Used to be able climb off via the tree behind?

Totally down with this...was up there today.

I still can't picture what exactly happened. Did u belay off the rings? Then watch ur second rap off and then throw the rope? Um??

And do u by chance shop at the kyneton bakery?

shortman
17/11/2012
9:53:49 PM
And does anyone else find the sticky-out-a-bit-too-much carrots on Long Neck Stubbies hard to get a crab to sit nicely on. Was a wiggle and jiggle fest and it's the only line of bolts like that at Black Hill as far as I'm aware. Just seems odd, most of the newerish carrots seem consistently the same.

Groveller
18/11/2012
7:50:49 AM
We did have a bite at the Kyneton bakery, why did you ask? I also have broken out in hives for some reason.

Groveller
18/11/2012
7:52:08 AM
Popeye had no trouble with Long Neck Stubbies when he led it.

shortman
18/11/2012
9:45:18 AM
On 18/11/2012 Groveller wrote:
>We did have a bite at the Kyneton bakery, why did you ask? I also have
>broken out in hives for some reason.

U left your pie bags and serviettes at the base of the climb.

shortman
18/11/2012
9:46:51 AM
On 18/11/2012 Groveller wrote:
>Popeye had no trouble with Long Neck Stubbies when he led it.

Did u notice the big carrots? Any more trouble getting the plates off compared to bf and preggers?
patto
18/11/2012
10:51:31 PM
On 18/11/2012 shortman wrote:
>U left your pie bags and serviettes at the base of the climb.

Sprung!

Groveller
19/11/2012
3:59:09 PM
Popeye is an environmental vandal. I always encourage him to take his rubbish home. I apologize and will severely punish him.
J.C.
19/11/2012
4:53:42 PM
>U left your pie bags and serviettes at the base of the climb.

haha excellent!
i suspect your hives is punishment from jeebus for being too soft to downclimb a tree for 5m

Groveller
19/11/2012
8:26:29 PM
I think the hives were the result of investigating a cave in the area. Popeye was too chicken to go in.
A fall from the tree looked like a broken ankle in the making. Anytime you want to try JC make sure you record it.

By the way, Popeye is presently on the rack for his littering in the bush. He swears he wont do it again but I'll give him a bit more to pay for the bribe.

shortman
19/11/2012
8:56:30 PM
Cave? U mean one of those wombat (maybe puma) holes?

There are 15 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints