Report Accidents and Injuries

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 59
Author
Fixed draw cuts rope ~> fatality
One Day Hero
26-Oct-2012
12:19:46 PM
On 26/10/2012 TonyB wrote:

>That's explains ODH's macho stupidity. ODH has doubts about his manhood!

Wow Tony, not satisfied with being a crap engineer, you're now a crap amateur psychologist as well. Why is our society obsessed with finding reasons for people's behaviour? Did it ever occur to you that maybe I'm just an arsehole.

You don't see me running around trying to find out whether mummy gave you enough affection, and maybe that's why you cling to the security of massive stainless rings.........or maybe your fear of being scolded is what drives you to deny the serious environmental impact our society is visiting upon the planet. I don't need to look for those reasons because I'm happy to just take you on face value, as a pussy and a retard :D

grantoss
26-Oct-2012
12:23:17 PM
On 26/10/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>That's right Seb, I'm saying that all my friends are fish.
>
>Ah, I was gonna go off on a rant but I couldn't be fuched. Sounds like
>you might be treading rather delicately through a minefield there, good
>luck with that.
>
>If your draws are still up next time I go to tommo's, I'll leave 'em
>at the base of the route.

Hey ODH, why didnt ya pull them down when we ran a lap on it a couple months ago?
One Day Hero
26-Oct-2012
12:25:52 PM
Shhhhh, don't tell them that!
widewetandslippery
26-Oct-2012
12:26:07 PM
speaking of permadraws I've been getting into some white water stuff lately and its great being able to pee at will.

davidn
26-Oct-2012
12:26:49 PM

Heh. Is this before, or after you chop various retrobolts, onsight The Rage This Season and double-check No Beans For Bonzo for added metal follicles?

Perhaps some company can sponsor you to be the next Ken Nichols, with the added benefit of perma-draw removal as well.

Seb
26-Oct-2012
12:28:57 PM

As far as I am concerned if they diminish your experience of the route you are 100% in titled to that.

I am not trying to tread through a mine field. All I am trying to do is show that things are not black and white. People climb for all sorts of reasons and just because someone jumps on something that is out of their depth it does not mean they are chasing numbers and even if they are, so what it does not affect your experience of climbing. I think its worth while accepting people reasons for climbing even if their rules of climbing do not align with yours.
One Day Hero
26-Oct-2012
12:29:32 PM
On 26/10/2012 davidn wrote:
>On 26/10/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>>If your draws are still up next time I go to tommo's, I'll leave 'em
>>at the base of the route.
>
>Heh. Is this before, or after you chop various retrobolts, onsight The
>Rage This Season and double-check No Beans For Bonzo for added metal follicles?
>
>Perhaps some company can sponsor you to be the next Ken Nichols, with
>the added benefit of perma-draw removal as well.

Yeah, work's getting a bit backed up......don't forget that I'm going to onsight your "routes" on that poxy little boulder you found somewhere too :)
One Day Hero
26-Oct-2012
12:44:31 PM
On 26/10/2012 Seb wrote:
>I am not trying to tread through a mine field.

I meant the minefield of trying to convince your mrs. that dogging steep sport routes is a fun time. Trust me, that shit can turn bad on you in a second.

Seb
26-Oct-2012
12:50:58 PM
>On 26/10/2012 Seb wrote:
>>I am not trying to tread through a mine field.
>
>I meant the minefield of trying to convince your mrs. that dogging steep
>sport routes is a fun time. Trust me, that shit can turn bad on you in
>a second.

That minefield I have been treading for a long time. I'm just a slow learner.

Miguel75
26-Oct-2012
12:52:08 PM
>That's right Seb, I'm saying that all my friends are fish.

Be careful Seb, I once saw a show, I think it might have been a documentary, titled "The other Guys". It was about two policeman and their struggles in forming a partnership. Anyway, during one of their arguments one of them made a fish comment that didn't turn out too well...

Terry: No, I don't like you. I think you're a fake cop. The sound of your piss hitting the urinal, it sounds feminine. If you were in the wild, I would attack you, even if you weren't in my food chain. I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

Allen: OK, first off: a lion, swimming in the ocean. Lions don't like water. If you placed it near a river or some sort of fresh water source, that make sense. But you find yourself in the ocean, 20 foot wave, I'm assuming off the coast of South Africa, coming up against a full grown 800 pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends, you lose that battle, you lose that battle 9 times out of 10. And guess what, you've wandered into our school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion. We've talked to ourselves. We've communicated and said 'You know what, lion tastes good, let's go get some more lion'. We've developed a system to establish a beach-head and aggressively hunt you and your family and we will corner your pride, your children, your offspring.

Terry: How you gonna do that?

Allen: We will construct a series of breathing apparatus with kelp. We will be able to trap certain amounts of oxygen. It's not gonna be days at a time. An hour? Hour forty-five? No problem. That will give us enough time to figure out where you live, go back to the sea, get some more oxygen, and stalk you. You just lost at your own game. You're outgunned and out-manned.
[pause]

Allen: Did that go the way you thought it was gonna go? Nope.

Seb
26-Oct-2012
1:24:26 PM
Miguel75, its even funnier when you see Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlbergs face.

davidn
26-Oct-2012
1:41:48 PM
>Yeah, work's getting a bit backed up......don't forget that I'm going to
>onsight your "routes" on that poxy little boulder you found somewhere too
>:)

You can't onsight it. The full line's been done as a boulder problem, no gear allowed. Just remember, there's three directions to fall if you flub the top. I measured it btw, just for amusement - 8 metres to the ground, bang on.

Another one I thought was 8 metres was actually 7, so I've *massively* over-estimated there. ;)

I'll let you know as soon as the area's open to haggard old men who can't keep up with their over-inflated boasting.

ambyeok
26-Oct-2012
2:46:32 PM
>On 26/10/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>>Yeah, work's getting a bit backed up......don't forget that I'm going
>to
>>onsight your "routes" on that poxy little boulder you found somewhere
>too
>>:)
>
>You can't onsight it. The full line's been done as a boulder problem,
>no gear allowed. Just remember, there's three directions to fall if you
>flub the top. I measured it btw, just for amusement - 8 metres to the
>ground, bang on.
>
>Another one I thought was 8 metres was actually 7, so I've *massively*
>over-estimated there. ;)
>
>I'll let you know as soon as the area's open to haggard old men who can't
>keep up with their over-inflated boasting.

Reading this thread is kinda like davidn is donald trump and ODH is obama. Donald's desperately trying to have a crack but it all falls flat and ends up coming off weak and pathetic.

davidn
26-Oct-2012
4:49:22 PM
A seppo reference was really the best you could do?...

ajfclark
26-Oct-2012
5:04:13 PM
>A seppo reference was really the best you could do?...

Would you prefer we discussed the chook shed?

Miguel75
26-Oct-2012
5:04:42 PM
On 26/10/2012 ambyeok wrote:
>Reading this thread is kinda like davidn is donald trump and ODH is obama....SNIP...

If ODH'S was Obama I'd vote for him because I reckon it'd make for way more interesting debates and public speeches. As it stands my vote goes to the Mormonator...

davidn
26-Oct-2012
5:28:23 PM
On 26/10/2012 ajfclark wrote:
>Would you prefer we discussed the chook shed?

Sure. What would you like to talk about? It sure seems to have hurt my climbing, I tell you. If only I'd listened.

Big G
26-Oct-2012
7:03:18 PM
>On 26/10/2012 ajfclark wrote:
>>Would you prefer we discussed the chook shed?
>
>Sure. What would you like to talk about? It sure seems to have hurt
>my climbing, I tell you. If only I'd listened.

Is bouldering climbing? I never knew!
widewetandslippery
26-Oct-2012
8:32:55 PM
Depends (TM) how loose your chook shed is

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 59
There are 59 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints