Andy Pollitt at Mt Arapiles Part 2
Andy P
18-Sep-2015
3:03:06 PM
https://vimeo.com/139567031
Andy P
20-Sep-2015
9:18:55 AM
Kindly pardon the self-indulgence but I found all these old VHS tapes whilst tidying the house. Seems a shame to toss 'em out AS I DID WITH A BOX OF OLD 6" x 4" PRINTS, what was I thinking?
Indeed - the nineties! Trad climbing in lurid Lycra, ha! Today's route by the way is Savor the Flavor - it's really fun.
For anyone interested, for your viewing pleasure later we have three or four more like this; Jerry Moffatt, Sean Myles, Peter & Jo Croft, Hidetaka Suzuki, (Patrick Edlinger if I get permission) and a re-ascent of Nati Dread on Castle Crag and some hilarious Peak District gritstone and a route at Raven Tor.
Cheers,
AP.

MisterGribble
20-Sep-2015
2:27:41 PM
I weep for the 80's and 90's, post 'em, and be damned !

And if you want Le Blond's permission, hands together, eyes closed.....
Kp
20-Sep-2015
7:58:16 PM
Great videos!
MichaelOR
20-Sep-2015
8:11:05 PM
Yeah, really enjoyed that!
dalai
21-Sep-2015
9:27:08 AM
Thanks Andy. Keep them coming!
Andy P
22-Sep-2015
3:35:05 PM
How kind, thanks all.
Should probably have added, at the back of one tape there's short pieces on & interviews with: Brigitte & Jon Muir and 'Mum' - MARION DELANEY! So sweet.
Cheers,
Andy
ademmert
22-Sep-2015
9:33:21 PM

please keep them coming, great to see :)
kieranl
23-Sep-2015
10:19:16 PM
Loved it Andy, especially the shots of the caravan. It's amazing to see where it was parked and compare it with today. If I'm right, you were in the old yellow gums area, now closed, north-west of the current yellow gums car-park. (I think Jo Whitford (then Croft) camped long-term near there too). Stuff like this is magic - not the best video in the world but that's not the point, it's history.
stugang
24-Sep-2015
2:29:08 AM
Cool video and thanks for posting. I watched the video b4 reading the post and got a double déjà vu cos it bought back recollections of watching bud do the FA many moons ago and as I watched it I wondered why the route wasn't named in the vid. But then I read your post to realise you named it there.

My recollection is that when bud & Hugh did it they didn't stick gear out in the taste of honey roof. They had a high runner in the corner but put in a couple of tcu's in slots in the savor the flavour roof. I could be completely and utterly wrong but would be interested anyone else remembers and can set me straight as I'm sure there were a few of us around on that day.

BTW - the way AP did the route looks far more sensible and fun and i don't think bud did it that way cos of any ethical reason (if my memory of the fa is correct...which is a big ask) but more that the first TCUs had just been released and they were psyched to demonstrate how cool these new toys were to us Aussies as they hadn't been seen here before much or if at all.
Andy P
24-Sep-2015
6:54:08 PM
Thanks Kieran, Jayford4321.
Yep Kieran, spot-on with the location there in the dirt patch that has now beautifully regenerated thanks to good park management practices.

This was for telly -Wide World of Sports, so would've been messy to stop & weedle in gear. Am sure you'll agree it makes for a more flowing piece of climbing. Did it four times in a row from memory as only one camera. Excellent route though that's for sure.
Shame about the quality but once downloaded in HD seems much better. The only audio that hadn't deteriorated beyond use was the little promo tacked on at the end of the VHS tape.
There's more,,,
Cheers,
Andy.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints