jimihendrix
28-May-2014
9:09:53 AM
Probably the best.

http://vimeo.com/90450351

Sabu
28-May-2014
10:46:03 AM
Nice use of the drone - makes for some unique footage.
Cam McKenzie
28-May-2014
11:50:10 AM
Awesome footage. What sort of drone are you using out of interest?

jimihendrix
29-May-2014
3:46:21 PM
A DJI phantom 2 was used

IdratherbeclimbingM9
29-May-2014
8:28:07 PM
I enjoyed the 'arty' presentation of seemingly mundane things in this vid; that when viewed through the lense intimately, have great beauty.

The antics of the log-climber made me shudder.
Yeah, yeah, he will probably get away with many more similar exploits, ... and I hope he has fun doing it; but sometimes I wonder about such activity...
I am glad people challenge themselves, but what extra motivation caused it to be filmed so competently*?

(*Many angles etc)

ChuckNorris
29-May-2014
9:10:49 PM
20 years on my recollection of the log is that it was way less secure than it appears in this video. Funny how the brain works. IMO the footage of the log was awesome the car surfing adrenaline shit was lame.
simey
30-May-2014
9:36:45 AM
Great footage of The Log, but what is this little film about??? Is it about Danger Darren? Is it about The Log? Is it about hanging out in Nati? Is it about birds hanging out on rooftops? It doesn't really do justice to any of these. What is the story you are trying to tell here? This is just random shit thrown together with a nice soundtrack over the top. I am amazed at how speccy The Log looks shot from the drone, but if you guys plan on making films you need to think a lot more about what you are exactly trying to achieve. PS. The final shots from the air look to have some sort of interference in the picture (I suspect something going on between the camera and the drone).

jimihendrix
30-May-2014
1:17:03 PM
You're right, this is just some shit thrown together, with about half an afternoons worth of filming. So all in all, I'm pretty pleased with the result.

The plan was to film some climbing. Strangely there wasn't a lot of that actually happening so we haphazardly filmed this, to help myself justify hauling all the gear over from hobart.

The final drone footage is sped up with an archival filter over it. Some of the interference is the shadow from the rotors.

cheers

shiltz
30-May-2014
1:23:40 PM
I thought it was like a lot of contemporary climbing travelogues. Lots of speccy shots (mostly unclimbing related - clouds, birds, grass), a few quirky shots (mostly unclimbing related - shoes, car surfing, hanging out in town) and some central shots of whatever "headline" route they went there to do.
I found it funny in this case that the route was The Log rather than Punks in the Gym, Groove Train or Wheel of Life as per similar videos recently.

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints