Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Climbing Videos

Post links and comments about your favourite climbing flicks

Author
DMM Factory Tour

ajfclark
13-Nov-2013
9:12:57 AM

DMM Factory Tour from DMM Climbing on Vimeo.

DMM has proudly been manufacturing climbing hardware in north Wales since 1981. Over that time it has established a reputation for innovation and premium quality equipment. The high standards of quality control maintained throughout the process of taking the raw material to finished product, including testing and inspection, are reflected in the fact that each and every day, thousands of people around the globe rely on DMM products to safeguard their lives.

Today, DMM continues to reinvest in the company at its Llanberis base, directly employing around 150 people. It is now also at the forefront of the design and production of working at height safety equipment (http://dmmprofessional.com/ ). Periodically, DMM opens its factory doors to let people come along and see for themselves, the expertise and care that goes into making some of the finest hardware in the world. Keep an eye out for details of our next Factory Tour Open Day but in the meantime this video will give you a good insight into the craftmanship and story behind the products.

Will_P
13-Nov-2013
2:36:33 PM
Thanks for putting that up, it was really interesting. I've often thought that a lot of DMM gear was a bit overpriced - that opinion is being revised now that I've seen both their commitment to local employment, and just how much hands-on work occurs for each piece of gear. Mind you, it does look a bit at one point like they employ child labour - right towards the end, the girl doing the wires on a cam, looks about eight. Shame, DMM!

ajfclark
13-Nov-2013
2:45:34 PM
19:40 in or so? She might just be sitting down...

nmonteith
13-Nov-2013
3:15:46 PM
Beautiful gear. Great to see how much work goes into each and every piece.

Big G
13-Nov-2013
4:00:34 PM
I've always leaned toward DMM gear because it's Welsh and because it looks so good - after watching the video I'm totally convinced. What a process!
patto
13-Nov-2013
4:34:33 PM
DMM has the best capabilities of any climbing gear manufacturer in forming complex shapes. What many people don't realise is that other big brands use DMM for their complex gear.

Petzl Reversos
Petzl Attache 3D
WC Heliums

Their gear is some of the best available.

martym
13-Nov-2013
4:35:01 PM
On 13/11/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>19:40 in or so? She might just be sitting down...

She only looks young because the lady before looks like a 50 year old lunchlady!
kieranl
13-Nov-2013
4:37:27 PM
On 13/11/2013 Will_P wrote:
> Mind you, it does
>look a bit at one point like they employ child labour - right towards the
>end, the girl doing the wires on a cam, looks about eight. Shame, DMM!
She's Welsh, so small for her age. They don't start them down the pit until they are at least 10.

JamesMc
13-Nov-2013
10:39:57 PM
Sensational.

I'd rather watch this than climbing videos - but that might come from being an engineer.

JamesMc

robbie
14-Nov-2013
11:02:05 AM
Fantastic doco A.J. I have always enjoyed factory visits in the past. This bring back some of the magic, from conception to birth so as to speak.

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints