Find Climbers In Your Area

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 24
Author
The Gribble wants a partner

MisterGribble
27-Oct-2018
2:52:01 AM
Wanted.

Climbing partner for dismal, late middle aged, flaccid Gribble coming out of a long retirement to fight back the years on some rock around Melbourne (Youies, Black Hill, Ben Cairn etc).
Must be able to lead, second and sack-haul possibly all on the same pitch.
Drinkers, drifters and those with access to unlimited stockpiles of Voltaren will be highly regarded.

RIght, Who’s first ??
Stugang
27-Oct-2018
7:13:06 AM
We’re almost a perfect match. Although before I commit I really need to ask if Voltaren DC or Marvel?

MisterGribble
27-Oct-2018
3:52:33 PM
Those with a 100m rope will also be considered for those monster pitches at the Youies - but you're leading.....
White Trash
27-Oct-2018
9:40:24 PM
On 27-Oct-2018 MisterGribble wrote:
>Those with a 100m rope will also be considered for those monster pitches
>at the Youies - but you're leading.....

Stugang a fashion trendsetter?
The Melb sport climbing crew will be impressed with that kind of triple rope safety redundancy, or, with the grid bolting will it be a case of climbing three routes simultaneously?
Stugang
28-Oct-2018
7:57:56 AM
Sorry gribs but the gods have informed me that even my 100m rope can’t overcome the geographical problems of our otherwise perfect match.

The God’s may return me to Melbourne soon and if they do we will climb good and big and noble climbs together and feast afterwards.

If I remain in the tropics you are a most welcome guest in the halls of the Singapore climbing gyms. The mighty may get invited to tioman.

MisterGribble
28-Oct-2018
3:54:00 PM
Gyms?

I'm wanting to rekindle my climbing career, not become a Pokemon Trainer

Miguel75
30-Oct-2018
4:02:59 AM
On 28-Oct-2018 MisterGribble wrote:
>Gyms?
>
>I'm wanting to rekindle my climbing career, not become a Pokemon Trainer

Don’t be a hater, Pokémon (Pokémon’s (?)) need love too;)

Chloe
30-Oct-2018
9:46:02 PM
On 27-Oct-2018 MisterGribble wrote:
>flaccid

Sorry MrGrib, you just lost me.

Stugang, you got ruled out ages ago, so sorry to you too.
One Day Hero
31-Oct-2018
3:14:54 AM
On 28-Oct-2018 Stugang wrote:
>The mighty may get invited to tioman.

It's not 500m of that horrible razor limestone you get in Thailand, is it?
Stugang
31-Oct-2018
4:47:40 AM
Granite mate. Super fine crystal granite. Tropically eroded but bomber. You will scoff but I thought it was on a par with Squamish once you get you head around the different environment they’ve grown up in.

And vis a vis limestone in Thailand. I had my first trip to Krabi recently and was polite to my host as I am a polite man. But I won’t go back.

MisterGribble
8-Nov-2018
3:25:04 PM
Well, I'm very disappointed with you lot, not so much as a nibble for Gribble, no !!

Another comeback crushed, Tinder here we come......

Duang Daunk
8-Nov-2018
8:18:03 PM
On 8-Nov-2018 MisterGribble wrote:
>Well, I'm very disappointed with you lot, not so much as a nibble for Gribble,
>no !!
>
>Another comeback crushed, Tinder here we come......

Cheer up bro MG, you can always get some tips for not worrying and carrying on, and on, and-
from bro Andy P?

mistergribble
9-Nov-2018
4:30:03 PM
Yep, the title of Andy's second book ' Gribble and me, the Andy Pollitt comeback story'
Come on Andy, let's dust the EB's off and show these puppys how it's done

We still need a couple of sherpas tho'.......

IdratherbeclimbingM9
19-Nov-2018
2:13:14 AM
If the withdrawal symptoms are getting the better of you, you could always take the antidote of attending the upcoming Buffalo Aidfest this weekend?
Heh, heh, heh.

MisterGribble
5-Dec-2018
4:42:12 PM
Still no-one !!

Did I gridbolt Right Watchtower Face or something ??

(sorry, said the B-word....)
Stugang
5-Dec-2018
5:43:37 PM
No I think your problem is you *didnt* bolt the watchtower.

mistergribble
3-Apr-2021
8:34:32 AM
Right, Out of retirement again, just like Frank Sinatra
Need a partner for round Melbourne, up to grade 18ish and as near to the car as possible

Don't get killed in the rush .....

Eduardo Slabofvic
13-Apr-2021
9:58:02 AM
Dearest Gribble,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZNIKZdoehE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQIZ-Esbg_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjN4C5ftuDI

If you're ever out this way, your approach appears consistent with mine.

Denn Freunde gehn mir über alles - immer. Fur immer und immer.
gfdonc
14-Apr-2021
7:03:14 AM
Eduardo! Still alive!!

Eduardo Slabofvic
14-Apr-2021
9:50:29 AM
Undead

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 24
There are 24 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints