Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Wanted: TASMANIA Partner(s) for February
Tullynation
8-Jan-2017
5:14:41 PM
I will be in Tassie the first two to three weeks of February and am looking for partners. I'm motivated, have 16 years of climbing experience, and have climbed up to 5.13b (28), both sport and trad, but I'm happy to climb at all grades so long as you're positive and know how to give a good catch!

I'll be there solo, with a car and plenty of gear, and really want to sample some of Tasmania's better known areas and classic routes. Please get in touch with me if you would like to climb or have leads on good partners - and if you ever make it to Red Rocks and Las Vegas in the US I'll be happy to return the favor!

Josh

skegly
10-Jan-2017
11:49:05 AM
Hi Josh,
There was a Canadian guy at the pines on the weekend talking about going. Don't know his name or what's he is climbing too. Maybe resident John may know.
Have fun.
Tullynation
11-Jan-2017
4:57:06 PM
Thx skegly. I've had some luck finding general partners via the Tassie Climbing Club's Facebook page and the Sarvo... but still hoping to find someone psyched and competent for some specific misadventures.

After Tassie I have two plus months to burn in Nati - can't wait to be back!
Tullynation
12-Jan-2017
2:07:52 PM
Thx Julia. Yeah, been in touch with Gerry already (met him at the Needles in California a couple years ago) and he's been really helpful. I've got a good list of people to call once I arrive - at this point it's finding someone to try the Totem Pole, Moai, A Cape Raoul linkup, and stuff like that... The problem seems to be that those capable of climbing those routes have already done them long ago... but I'm optimistic and sure I'm going to have a blast.
Pandanifolia
12-Jan-2017
3:25:23 PM
Hi Josh, if you're on FBook, maybe try the Launceston Rock Climbers group (I imagine Hobart has a similar one). Good luck with it.

Julia, if you're keen to get back on the rock and climb easy trad & sport, drop me a pm as my climbing partners are currently living in Hobart and it'd be great to have some local partners climbing similar grades. I''ve led trad up to about grade 17, sport maybe a grade or 2 higher, but am out of shape so would be keen to ease back into it with some easier climbing at Rocky Cape/Sisters/Hillwood etc.

Rafa
kady
13-Jan-2017
6:46:39 AM
Sent you a PM

Ben
ds
16-Jan-2017
8:22:36 AM
I am in Hobart. Don't climb 28 but I am very experienced and could point you up a few of the classics on the Organ Pipes.

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints