Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Climbing over the Christmas break
turnsteph
19-Nov-2016
12:21:20 PM
Hey guys,

My girlfriend is leaving me over the Christmas break and I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have been climbing off an on for the last few years, I've got a decent amount of gear including a (semi) full trad rack, rope, quickdraws etc. Honestly I'm not a very good climber.. can probably sport climb a 20 if I've got enough encouragement but my trad skills are lacking and that's why I'm here. I understand the theory of correct cam and nut placement but would love to have someone confirm (or correct) my placements.

So if you're a relatively experienced climber that is free just after Christmas and want to go for a climbing trip almost anywhere in Victoria.. I'm talking Arapiles, Mt Buffalo, Grampians etc with someone who has a car, tent and most of the gear required I'd be absolutely stoked.

I should probably tell you a bit about myself.. I'm a 22 year old Male originally from New Zealand. I have lived in Canada for a ski season, enjoy climbing, hiking and camping and am also a bit of a nerd.. play a few video games here and there. I don't mind the occasional beer and would probably bring a slab with us camping if that's also what you're into.

Hope this kind of post is alright, really just looking for something to do over the break.

Cheers,
Stephan

pmonks
19-Nov-2016
1:28:48 PM

(sorry, but had to be done - good luck finding a partner!)
turnsteph
19-Nov-2016
2:41:48 PM
Haha I haven't seen that for ages, love it!
Plamport
29-Dec-2016
9:12:40 AM
Hey Stephan
I've just arrived in Grampians today.
If you made it out this way and need a climbing buddy, let me know as I'll be staying a few days and I've brought all my gear (although my regular climbing partner couldn't Mahe it).
- Phil
Scarymonster11@hotmail.com
JennyP
30-Dec-2016
12:40:51 PM
Have you found a partner already? I am stuck in Melbourne with only my harness and shoes and wondering why I have been in the city so long. I'm looking to get out climbing before I start back up for work on the 6th of January. I have no experience with Trad, but I have been climbing for 3 years and really just want to get outside and back with the climbing community.

Jenny 04 7575 4950

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints