Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Blue Mountains Oct/Nov
TomCastellani
21-Oct-2015
6:03:32 PM
Hey All,

After nearly a month in Arapiles I'm looking to spend some time in the Blue Mountains. It will be my first time there and I'm looking for partners but also advice on where to camp / where the long term climbers are so I can be in some sort of a hub and find people to climb with.

Cheers,
Tom

Drake
21-Oct-2015
7:29:45 PM
Hi Tom,

The Blue Mountains doesn't have a central camping spot that is anything like the pines at Arapiles. There are many crags in the bluies and they're spread out, which makes it a bit more challenging to just show up and find climbing partners. Blackheath is somewhat central, but you'll still have to drive to most crags with the exception of Cent Glen/Shipley/Porter's pass.

There is good, free, and legal camping at Mount York and at Perry's Lookdown. Mt. York is very likely to have other camping climbers, and it's easy to walk to great climbing at York and Bardens. The sundeck cave at Piddo is also quite a nice place to camp, but lacks facilities other than a pit toilet at the car park.

mattwho
22-Oct-2015
8:13:01 AM
Hi Tom,

I'll be in the area around that time, I'll PM you.

Matt
TomCastellani
23-Oct-2015
8:04:46 AM
Thanks for the info Drake! If I went to Mt York would it be obvious where to pitch up or would you be able to give some more specific details as to where people hang out?

Drake
23-Oct-2015
9:47:27 AM
>> Thanks for the info Drake! If I went to Mt York would it be obvious where to pitch up or would you be able to give some more specific details as to where people hang out?

Yep it will be obvious. The road into Mt. York ends at a big roundabout and parking lot. Just before this parking lot you will pass the campsites on your right. You can't miss them- they're right off the road.

You can actually see some cars parked at the campsites on googlemaps. Look here: https://goo.gl/maps/8xfhCnLMhYP2
Jarred924
4-Nov-2015
11:55:43 PM
Hey if you're still in the blue mountains on the14th of November I'm looking for a climbing partner at that time. Cheers

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints