Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Arapiles Student Doco 60s/70s/80s/90s
kelseym
5-Aug-2015
2:25:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently studying film at RMIT and making a short documentary about climbing in Arapiles, but hoping to focus on the beginning before climbing was popular, when it was less safer and a lot more DIY...first ascents etc. If you know anyone/climbers you think would be a good fit for the project that might be interested in talking to a young whipper snapper please contact me. Ideally would love to turn this project into a bigger film if I can gather enough interviews, photographs, old footage etc. Think "Valley Uprising" vibes. Just want to produce an interesting, fun, nostalgic doco for everyone. Please post any contact details on this forum post if you have any ideas/suggestions or other. I have been looking at the first editions of the Arapiles climbing guide from the 60s that I plan to use as a major part of my project.

Kelsey
bentobox
5-Aug-2015
5:26:48 PM
I am of no help, but I wish you luck! Would be great to see something happen.

ajfclark
5-Aug-2015
6:17:40 PM
Keith 'Noddy' Lockwood would be someone to track down if you haven't already. If you come up to Arapiles I can lend you a Carrigan guide (published 83).
stugang
5-Aug-2015
7:38:40 PM
Eduardo slabovic was there in the 60/70/80/90/00/10's and he has never been popular.

He is your man and can be contacted either pm on this site or the dunny on the left in the male public toilets near the nati skatepark

Besos estuardo.

Eduardo Slabofvic
5-Aug-2015
7:43:21 PM
On 5/08/2015 Jayford4321 wrote:
>Eduardo slabovic was there in the 60/70/80/90/00/10's and he has never
>been popular.

I don't remember the 60's, so I guess that means I was there then
stugang
5-Aug-2015
8:13:13 PM
Omg.....daddy??!!??

Sabu
5-Aug-2015
9:23:01 PM
Hi Kelsey

If you're based in Melbourne pay a visit to the Wilderness shop and talk to Glenn Robbins. He is your man for this sort of thing...

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints