HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Climbing Nowra over the Easter and cheap hostel?
Sanka
2-Apr-2015
7:31:55 AM
Hey guys, anybody keen to climb in Nowra over the Easter holiday? I'm Martin, 30, climb up to 22, 75kg, czech.
Any advice on cheap backpacker hostel in Nowra? thanks

E. Wells
2-Apr-2015
7:49:11 AM
Any accomodation is hard ti find let alone cheap during easter. I reccomend camping at showgrounds

Jodestar
2-Apr-2015
7:54:29 AM
You can camp at the Nowra animal park grounds or the Ski park (neither are free).

E. Wells
2-Apr-2015
8:18:51 AM
Both are full jodestar!! crazy town!....no unpowered sites!
Jayford4321
2-Apr-2015
8:35:53 AM
I wouldn't worry about it to much as it will probably be wet weather anyway.
Much better to go to Araps instead, as Edwierd has offered free floorspace if it gets washed out, as part of the Easter Arapiles Orientation Programme.

Jodestar
2-Apr-2015
9:03:22 AM
Gees Louise! Might be reconsidering the Nowra trip given the crowds ;-)
Thanks for the heads up!
Just out of interest, do you know of free camping around the area (within a 30 minute drive to town)?
Sanka
2-Apr-2015
10:20:34 AM
Seriously no backpacker hostel or dorm in Nowra you know share rooms etc?

E. Wells
2-Apr-2015
10:23:11 AM
Maybe? Jodestar I dont think full camping/caravan parks have anything to do with climbing numbers!!
Sanka
2-Apr-2015
10:24:47 AM
Arapiles sounds awesome though. However, I wouldn't plan Nowra to have cams, nuts and trad climbing experience 😑

E. Wells
2-Apr-2015
10:27:07 AM
If you have a car and a sleeping bag the Nowras is your abalone. Just pick a crag and sleep under it!!
Sanka
2-Apr-2015
10:27:24 AM
Btw Jodestar, I believe there is a free camping at Babylon area. I would camp there if I would have a car

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2-Apr-2015
10:53:09 AM
Here is another possibility if you are not too late, with maybe floor space for cost share?

Upcoming VCC trip.
3/04/2015 to 12/04/2015
EASTER: Point Perpendicular and Nowra Trip
Leader: Hywel Rowlands
Details: Point Perpendicular beckons a return with its chiselled white cliffs framed by its wild ocean below. Its a bona fide high sea drama settled amongst a military bomb testing reserve.
The trip will also present the opportunity to visit the sport cliffs at Nowra, particularly if Point Perpendicular is closed due to military activities.

The trip will look to hire a house which is comparable in cost to nearby camping, will do away with the need for camping equipment, ensure comfort in the case of wet weather conditions, and will provide an opportunity to have 3-4 persons per car sharing travel costs.
Accommodation at the house will be limited (8-10 persons), cost will be divided by occupants for the trip period (although the potential exists for time share) and places allocated on a first come first served basis on receipt of a deposit.

Suitable for experienced intermediates and advanced climbers.
Contact Hywel, the trip leader, to secure your place and accommodation.

~> See front Forum page for a link to 'more'.
(I'd link it but am not puternerdenuff/can't be bothered trying to suss out what part of the link is 'suspicious content' not allowing it to go through...)
Sanka
2-Apr-2015
11:00:55 AM
That sounds great! Could you link me to that forum thread?

IdratherbeclimbingM9
2-Apr-2015
11:05:11 AM
~> See front Forum page for a link to 'more'.
This button...
http://www.chockstone.org/ForumBut2.jpg
... on left side of your computer screen!
~> Then check the upcoming VCC events, located lower right hand side of that page.

Post edit: experiment...
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/vcc/events/short/~3/-LKuIIisVVQ/events
2nd edit:
Hmm. The experiment link seems to work..., but being the 11th hour I am not sure how good it will be to you?

JamesMc
2-Apr-2015
7:23:09 PM
VCC trip is full l believe

E. Wells
3-Apr-2015
9:34:30 AM
Weather at perp is holding out for now......
JonSnow9
4-Apr-2015
4:10:55 PM
How has it been down there today E.Wells?

rodw
4-Apr-2015
4:34:23 PM
Bom sites says 6mm since 9am today...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.loop.shtml#skip

There are 18 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints