HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Relocation and partners in Brisbane area?

EleNora
13-Dec-2014
12:47:46 PM
Hello Folks!

After 7 weeks in Arapiles and some time lurking around the Adelaide areas, I'm relocating for 3 months in the south of Brisbane. Sorry it's a bit far from Vic but hey..

I heard of nothing special besides Kangaroo point cliffs? Anyone is/been there and can recommend me other crags? Any of you peeps actually living in the area?
I'd be looking for a regular Sunday partner, as it'd be my official full day off.

I trad lead at 14 atm, with no lead fall so far, was slowly going up in grades, second up to 21. Safe as belayer.

I'm just looking at keeping in shape as I'd probably be going down to the Blue Mountains by mid March/April.
timtom
15-Dec-2014
6:19:05 PM
Hmmm. A very suspect post. What u say 13%. And how about you spagnuts? Do you think this kind of thing should be tolerated?
Jayford4321
15-Dec-2014
7:38:41 PM
Angel sed to me (same one as on cattle grazing in the alps shred), not suspect at all timtam, but if you are not on drugs then she suspects alcohol.

Don't mind troll timtam EleNora, when the mods get onto ol slit eye snake habitat, then he'll be outa here quick.

edit. Post amended with a deletion. I agree Tone, was written before that horrible outcome, and no offence to anyone was intended.
timtom
15-Dec-2014
9:16:18 PM
Your a bit behind the 8 ball spagnuts.
Tone
16-Dec-2014
8:18:27 AM
Gnaguts - Do us all a favor and delete this post mate.

T.

EleNora
17-Dec-2014
8:47:46 PM
Sorry guys, I understand about 0% of any of your answers.

Olbert
17-Dec-2014
8:56:22 PM
On 17/12/2014 EleNora wrote:
>Sorry guys, I understand about 0% of any of your answers.
>
>

Since no-one else has replied with any help I'll jump in. I'm not a local but I know that Kangaroo Point under the lights is a bit of a thing and it won't be hard to meet people there. Plenty of toproping opportunities. Think of it as a gym.

As for climbing which is a bit more memorable than Kangaroo Point (the best thing about KP is the socialness), there is Frog, Glass House Mountains and Coolum. Frog is crack climbing where the grades really start at about 17 or so, though it's not like Araps - the cracks are cracks! Glass House Mountains is lots of adventurous climbing with a few sport crags thrown in. I'm not sure you'll get much sport at 14 but you'll get plenty of adventure. Coolum is the premier summer crag with steller sport climbing and squishy grades but it starts at about 24 so it's probably a bit out of your stated grade range.

I'm sure actual locals could tell you more, but these are the crags I've visited as an interstater.

dalai
17-Dec-2014
10:12:12 PM
Check the Queensland climbing forum for more options - http://queenslandclimbing.yuku.com/

EleNora
19-Dec-2014
11:11:35 AM
Thanks a lot for the intel!
My climbing buddy I saw on my way through Melbourne told me frogs was up there.
That's really exciting. I got to love jamming in Araps, but you're right there are no true cracks so I'll probably spend some time in Frogs when the temperatures cool down.
Never heard of those other crags before, I'll check them all out.
I'm just a bit miserable because I realised I'm actually 4h out of Brisbane, in NSW, so a bit far from much.

I'll go and check that forum. Thanks a bunch for the link.
Cams
19-Dec-2014
11:19:49 AM
Just Frog dude. ;) Frog Buttress. There is only one of them.

If you're 4h south of Brisbane. Look into Urbanville too. It is inland by a couple of hours in Northern NSW.

peterc
20-Dec-2014
6:02:28 PM
EleNora

Being located 4 hours south of here makes day trips near Brisbane a bit difficult. But if you end up near the city sometime and are still looking for a climbing partner, let me know.

EleNora
20-Dec-2014
7:08:08 PM
Thanks Peter, I'll do that. I work 6 days a week and a pretty hard work, so in a couple of weeks when I'm acclimated to the pace I'll look into taking a day off and maybe stay over night in Brisbane.
I'll be sure to let you know and see if we can plan stuff.

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints