Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Climbing/ travel buddy beginning of August
rainbowspidy
6-Jul-2014
11:16:16 PM
Hi,

Just thought I'd put forward a proposal in case anyone is interested.

I am looking for a climbing/ travel buddy for the first 2 weeks of August. Am open to any destination (literally).

About me:

26 yo, female, 49kg approx (I mention this for belaying purposes only!), currently located in Sydney. I have my own gear, ie harness, shoes, helmet, belay device and a couple of locking carabiners but no other equipment.

I have about 6 months worth of indoor climbing experience, and one or two outdoor trips (Lindfields and Bangor). Can manage gr15-16 indoors at the moment (17 maybe if it's steep and full of jugs!) and have tried 12-14 outdoors. I have mild CP so admittedly I'm not the most flexible or coordinated person, but I climb often (4x week) and try to make up for my lack of agility with sheer grit and determination (and an over-reliance on smearing) :o).

Basically I am wondering if there is anyone out there with gear and outdoor climbing experience who might be willing to put up with a relative newbie in exchange for me providing a car and covering costs for petrol/ accommodation/ basic groceries and such. Alternatively, happy to venture out with another newbie if you would be willing to split costs and we could pay for a few days worth of outdoor lessons or a guide.

I am up for any destination, and any length of time (days or weeks) as long as it is between 02-16 August. I have no preference re: age/ gender etc, with the caveat that if you are significantly heavier than me, I would need to find a tree/ other stationary object to anchor to! I am interested in any destination with some low grade routes available, though I would welcome warmer locations.

I don't currently have experience re setting up a top rope or lead climbing etc, but I would be very willing to learn. Am also open to acquiring a bit more gear (within reason) in preparation.

I understand that it is probably unlikely that anyone would want to be stuck with a relative novice outdoors, but just thought I'd put it out there...

Cheers,

Rachel

freesolo
7-Jul-2014
1:17:35 AM
just go to frog
ryano
7-Aug-2014
6:16:32 PM
Hello there...
The names Ryan. I am also a light weight female climber. Currently i am based near the blue mountains. I do a fare amount of bouldering but I am also known to sport climb when the line is good. I am free for the next couple of weeks until my partner arrives from the states.
I have 60 meter rope, quick draws, shoes, chalk, harness, crashpad, and a car. I'm always down for a climb. I'm shit at grade conversions but ide say i climb near the high teens lead and low 20s second. If you'd like to get together this week hit me up.
Cheers
Ryan
John Wilson
19-Aug-2014
10:31:33 PM
Hello Ryan
I am travelling from France and will be in the Sydney region for a couple of weeks between Aug 21 and Sept 4
I'd love to go climbing, preferably outdoors, at some point during my stay, either in Sydney or in the Blue Mountains or anywhere really.
Grades : anything between 18 and 22 i guess, depending on rock and style etc.

Let me know ?
Cheers
Jean-Matthieu

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints