Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Black Diamond "STOPPER" Set. (Sizes 4 to 13) - 10 pieces. Comes with a "free" karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Find Climbers

Find Climbers In Your Area

Author
Buffalo camping, spare site or share?

Jackie
6/01/2013
10:06:21 AM
Hi all

Late Catani campground is booked out all Jan.

There are 2-4 adults in our party and we are looking to be there for Thurs 17 to Sun 20 and Fri 24 - Mon 28th.

PM me if you've booked a site and no longer need it, or have room on your site and are keen to share with some awesome* people.

Thanks

Jackie

* opinions may vary

ajfclark
6/01/2013
11:49:53 AM
I think you'll struggle because parks run bookings in peak period from Saturday to Saturday only, so unless someone booked 2 weeks in a row you won't get the Friday night before a weekend.

If you can move your trip I have space from the 28th to the 3rd of February.

Jackie
6/01/2013
12:43:40 PM
Thanks Andrew, sounds good but i have work then. Have to stick to my dates :)
pecheur
6/01/2013
1:00:56 PM
On 6/01/2013 ajfclark wrote:
>I think you'll struggle because parks run bookings in peak period from
>Saturday to Saturday only, so unless someone booked 2 weeks in a row you
>won't get the Friday night before a weekend.
>
>If you can move your trip I have space from the 28th to the 3rd of February.

Holy crap when I last looked we only had 8 or so people, now there's 24 for the long weekend? Guess it was a good thing I signed up early, going to be a little cozy in the campsites.

ajfclark
7/01/2013
9:15:58 AM
Yeah, happens every year. Still plenty of space from Monday the 28th onwards, including the Friday night of the first weekend in February.

Jackie
7/01/2013
11:55:08 AM
Andrew, any room on the VCC site? I think some friends of mine are in your group over the long weekend. There are only two of us (and we are simply great fun!)

ajfclark
7/01/2013
12:25:51 PM
Sorry, no. We have as many people those two nights as parks allows. They patrol it pretty rigorously during peak period too.

If anyone cancels, I'll let you know.

Macciza
Online Now
7/01/2013
11:04:58 PM
One word - North-Wall !

ajfclark
18/01/2013
2:41:12 PM
On 7/01/2013 Jackie wrote:
>Andrew, any room on the VCC site? I think some friends of mine are in your group over the long weekend. There are only two of us (and we are simply great fun!)

PMed you.

Jackie
18/01/2013
4:12:31 PM
Thanks Andrew, I'll be in touch re long weekend. I have made tentative other plans out Gramps way so will have to check in with the other kids. I'll get back to you asap and hopefully the site is still available.

Thanks!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
5/09/2013
11:11:58 AM
I read the following excerpt that is relevant to this thread, and to people contemplating camping at Buffalo in prime time, from VCC section of front page today...
18/01/2014 to 27/01/2014 Australia Day Long Weekend
Leader: Andrew Clark
Details: What's that? You forgot that Lake Catani camp sites for the Australia Day Long Weekend (and the week before) sell out by about 10:30 on the 1st of September? Don't worry, we didn't!

So when it's too hot to go climbing in the low lands, come up to the alps with us and spend some time honing your crack climbing skills, your footwork and swimming in the lake on those days you just can't quite find the energy to leave camp.

Keep in mind that our booking starts on Saturday the 18th of January, so you can come up earlier in the week too!

This is an intermediate to advanced level trip. Prepayment for camping is required. Limited places available. Contact Andrew for details and to register your interest.

PS Andrew, re register of interest; I intend attending!

Post edit: Email sent (to the email addy you list on Chocky), as per request below.

ajfclark
5/09/2013
11:41:15 AM
Just rechecked, there's a few sites left in week 3 of peak period (11-17 of Jan) and that's it for all of January. It's gone up about 25% this year too...

Could you please drop me an email Rod so I can keep all these things together?

There are 12 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints