Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 57
Author
TR - straddie 1
cjradloff76
27-Feb-2012
11:30:36 AM
welcome to the straddie thread on chockstone.

a big thank you to all that help me out with the traverse

me trying to get the ascender on the rope

more pictures to come

Miguel75
27-Feb-2012
12:58:21 PM
Keep 'em coming Clinton. Hope it all went well and I'm looking forward to seeing/reading more of your adventures...

rodw
27-Feb-2012
1:05:24 PM
Grats...living the dream clint

IdratherbeclimbingM9
27-Feb-2012
2:28:49 PM
Orrighht!
Good one cicada(!), dream team(!), and other 'helpers'(!!),... as I noted the copyright on the photo, and assume from earlier thread posts that others helped out with gear.

wombly
27-Feb-2012
2:43:44 PM
am I the only one who can't see the image?

wallwombat
27-Feb-2012
2:53:55 PM
On 27/02/2012 wombly wrote:
>am I the only one who can't see the image?

No.
cjradloff76
27-Feb-2012
3:50:02 PM
more links and pictures here

http://cjradloff762.webs.com/tyroleantraverse.htm

http://queenslandclimbing.yuku.com/topic/6251/Clinton-and-his-Tyrolean-Traverse-on-Straddy-

http://queenslandclimbing.yuku.com/topic/6253/Simey-gets-rescued

wombly
27-Feb-2012
4:25:34 PM
Nice!

ChuckNorris
27-Feb-2012
6:25:39 PM
Hey Clint top photo and congratulations on doing the Straddie Gap.

I have a quick question for you (I'm writing my TR and want to get the facts straight).

Can you remember what happens first when you pop a cane toad in the microwave?

Is it:

A: eyeballs pop out of the head;

or

B: guts blow out of its arse

shortman
27-Feb-2012
9:58:59 PM
On 27/02/2012 toad killer wrote:
>Hey Clint top photo and congratulations on doing the Straddie Gap.
>
>I have a quick question for you (I'm writing my TR and want to get the
>facts straight).
>
>Can you remember what happens first when you pop a cane toad in the microwave?
>
>Is it:
>
>A: eyeballs pop out of the head;
>
>or
>
>B: guts blow out of its arse
>

Your a sick man bomber pro.

shortman
27-Feb-2012
10:05:46 PM
This was one awesome weekend with one awesome man.

Thank you Clinton.

I will never forget Straddie 2012.

And a big thanks to Phil Box and Steve Peckman, without whom, this past weekend would have been somewhat more difficult.

Sabu
27-Feb-2012
10:07:35 PM
Awesome work!

And stugang my guess to the question would be both!

Pat
27-Feb-2012
10:37:39 PM
Total respect to the crew that actually put their money where their mouths are and went up to help out.
widewetandslippery
27-Feb-2012
11:20:10 PM
@ bomber re cane toads and microwaves: you ejaculate
simey
28-Feb-2012
9:23:32 AM
It was a memorable weekend, so I second Dan with a big thanks to Clinton, as well as Steve and Phil for all their groundwork. Phil's rope and equipment collection would probably put Yosemite Search & Rescue to shame and allowed the so-called 'dream team' to simply rock up with next to nothing and enjoy the ride.
I will be working on a short little film to show at Goatfest (but there won't be any mention of cane toads as not all of us were into that shit).

Steve Peckman
28-Feb-2012
10:32:51 AM
Congratulations Clinton, thanks to all who ventured up to Queensland to make it happen. It was great to meet a top bunch of guys and I hope to see you all again at Goatfest.

PS, Stu you are one hell of a sick puppy.

nmonteith
28-Feb-2012
10:36:58 AM
This is simply probably the coolest and most positive thing to have ever happened on Chockstone.
kieranl
28-Feb-2012
12:12:59 PM
Really very impressive. Rarely has so much vicarious fun been had by so many.
One Day Hero
28-Feb-2012
1:43:42 PM
On 27/02/2012 bomber pro wrote:
>
>Can you remember what happens first when you pop a cane toad in the microwave?

And here I was, thinking that what happened on Straddie stayed on Straddie............I spose its open season now :)

Climboholic
28-Feb-2012
3:33:04 PM
On 27/02/2012 Pat wrote:
>Total respect to the crew that actually put their money where their mouths
>are and went up to help out.

I'm still interested in selling memorial 'Straddie Traverse 2012' blue singlets to help reimburse the team travel costs etc, if there is enough interest. I have a design but Shortman was the only person to say he was interested when I suggested it on the other thread.

Should I bother getting samples made?

The ‘dream team’ members will of course each receive a free singlet for their efforts.

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 57
There are 57 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints