Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 69
Author
Noblesse Oblige retro of best easy route @ Buffalo
gfdonc
6-Oct-2010
12:36:40 PM
Could a moderator update the original links so the route description makes sense when read from the start? Ta.
Chockstone Moderator
6-Oct-2010
1:42:42 PM
On 6/10/2010 mikllaw wrote:
>Hmm, for some reason Chockers cut me off easly this year and i can't log
>in or chnage anything under my old persona.
> The offending photos are:-

Now retro-entered into the original post on this thread again.
This is appropriate given the thread title?
[I have no idea what happened to cause the original post to include bluies photos there.]

gfdonc - I sent you a PM for clarification of which links / locations you are referring to.
mikllaw
6-Oct-2010
1:56:08 PM
I logged on with my name onto moss's computer to respond to another of Simeys amusing suggestions about retirement, it all workwed fine then subsequently couldn't use that name/password again.
simey
7-Oct-2010
1:14:37 PM
I like the way this is titled '...retro of best easy route @ Buffalo'. It should probably be titled, 'Retro of only easy route at Buffalo'.

ajfclark
7-Oct-2010
1:56:33 PM
Beware of the Strathbogie is a 12, so there's at least 2 easy routes...
One Day Hero
7-Oct-2010
1:58:57 PM
I like the way that the first "pitch" was accidently down-wandered facing out!

Its funny with slabs, how a couple of degrees can be the difference between a good easy climb and a good easy descent scramble.

Five tennies are the way forward for approaching granite slabs, keep them on and keep going up until you deem the 'proper' climbing to have begun.
gfdonc
7-Oct-2010
2:39:17 PM
When we did the route I started up in my tennies, friction is great but unfortunately on the steeper bit near the end of the first pitch my foot slid backwards out of the shoe (they're fairly trashed).

Fortunately all ended well, I avoided bouncing down the slabs and my shoe stopped a few metres further down, so I could retrieve it and keep going. Switched to climbing shoes at the first belay ..

gordoste
7-Oct-2010
3:05:42 PM
On 7/10/2010 simey wrote:
>I like the way this is titled '...retro of best easy route @ Buffalo'.
>It should probably be titled, 'Retro of only easy route at Buffalo'.

There are a couple hiding around... grade 10 "Peaches En Regalia" is quite good... but yes there's not many.
gfdonc
7-Oct-2010
3:13:41 PM
Please don't mention "Wee Willie Winkie".
Oops.

Page 4 of 4. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 69
There are 69 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints