ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Page 9 of 9. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 168
Author
Ever wanted to go to World Cup?
dalai
14-Dec-2005
3:35:55 PM
Creating new users from the same IP address isn't the smartest...
franky
14-Dec-2005
3:40:18 PM
Not very good at analysing styles of writting are you dali??? I can 100% assure you I am not John, John's mate, or Boared.... nor am I related! if only you knew you'd laugh out loud!
franky
14-Dec-2005
3:53:31 PM
So If I wrote about my 2nd placing in an OS comp you'd all congratulate me and be interested? (seeing as I seem to be copping the brunt of John's comments)
Bob Saki
14-Dec-2005
4:29:29 PM
To Franky, John’s Mate and Board OTR,
The way I see it every single one of us – you, me, my sister et.al, is up themselves to a certain degree. Or else we would probably not be involved in sports like climbing.
One must love themselves before they love others – you know these adages I’m sure.
As far as your critique of this topic. I reckon you’re being a might harsh.
It’s an open forum. People can put things out there. IF it’s not received well the topic dies. This one hasn’t which proves people have been interested
a) because they know the climber in question and have a personal interest
b) wanting to understand elite level competition
c) may be interested in the country’s discussed
d) they are bored of work like I have been and have enjoyed have a detailed story to read which has been assiduously updated.

I have said before and I’ll say again life really is too short to ball people out. Smile. Think of Christmas, and enjoy whatever you do.

alrob
14-Dec-2005
4:59:11 PM
gemmaw
15-Dec-2005
2:33:57 PM
On 14/12/2005 franky wrote:
>Uhhh... I have to agree with John, his mate and Boared. If we all wrote
>about the trips we did, or comps we failed in, in a blow by blow fashion
>this forum would be the worst in climbing froum history. How is telling
>us about what they ate, how they decided what to order, then how they ordered
>it before getting spanked in a comp entertaining? Egos this big surely
>do not need feeding especially when you have a reputation such as the person
>in question.......

These people really don't get it, do they? The point is that Jacqui writes really well which makes it so entertaining and has kept many people reading on - someone who writes well can describe a snail's journey across the lawn as rivetting. It is how the story is told.

I'd look at the posts and think "Whoa, that's alot to read", but I'd start and couldn't stop. I was laughing out loud at some of it. And to think she just tapped it all out in internet cafes - that sort of well written story would have taken me ages to think about and compose!

It was the story that kept me reading (and I don't even know her personally); the subject matter was secondary. And "If we all wrote about the trips we did, or comps we failed in, in a blow by blow fashion" in the same style as Jacqui has, I would read and enjoy them and not get any work done.

The criticisers are certainly entitled to their opinions, but perhaps you could also offer some musings as eloquent as Jacqui's, and then maybe others will be more inclined to read it and give a rats.
robin
15-Dec-2005
6:53:26 PM
On 15/12/2005 gemmaw wrote:
>The criticisers are certainly entitled to their opinions...

I agree, but here we have a 'Davo', Franky Fruit and a ???(no name) making personal derogatory comment. I don't think it's fair to make personal comment if you are not prepared to post your full name. We went through this same rubbish with the Snow Flurries issue.

Posting on Chockstone, publishing articles, putting up new routes should all be open to comment, and I certainly would not like to see the forum totally sanitised. I just would like to see a real name if the comment is of a personal nature.

In response to the claim that the posts were 'ego driven' my only comment is you obvioulsy do not know the person.
gemmaw
16-Dec-2005
9:28:06 AM
On 15/12/2005 robin wrote:
I don't think it's fair to make personal
>comment if you are not prepared to post your full name.

Yes, for sure - people are entitled to their opinion PROVIDED they are not cowardly hiding behind a fictitious name. Which then leads one to believe they are just trolling.

Page 9 of 9. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 160 | 161 to 168
There are 168 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints