Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Author
TR - Cerro Torre dreaming

Miguel75
9-Mar-2018
8:00:16 PM
I was recently goaded into thinking about retreating from Cerro Torre and thought I'd share my latest adventure with you all, dear Chockstonians.

I had a dream of climbing somewhere grand with dear friends; somewhere amazing, where afterwards people would listen with looks of awe and maybe even shed a small tear as I regaled them with tales of epic retreats from climbs that I had no business attempting...

And so, with dream in mind and determination in my cold, black, twisted heart I decided upon my course of action, cleared the proposal with my wife/scheduler of all things important, set a reminder for the agreed upon date and confirmed all systems were go with my partners. The morning of the mission was shrouded in cool tendrils of mist as I set off to work, knowing once I'd finished for the day I would have yet another tale to tell. All day long I looked forward to my upcoming adventure, thinking about the goal; the moves; the bitter disappointment of reaching "that" point where retreat was the only option.Once finished my daily toil I set about preparing myself, checking and rechecking my gear, nervous energy zipping along my frayed nerves...

It was about this point things become cloudy, nay murky! The details are hazy though I fear my wife may have spiked my drink for I woke later that evening to find her consoling me, telling me there was always next time... Heartbroken, I checked the time and realized I had missed my window. That fateful night, my slumber cost my partners and I a climb at Cliffhanger...

For shame! :(

phillipivan
10-Mar-2018
8:57:10 AM
I better understand why we never succeeded on LG after reading that.

MisterGribble
10-Mar-2018
6:16:24 PM
There's a really good yellow route on the LH AME wall at the mo

An opportunity lost...

bigchris
4-Apr-2018
9:13:06 PM

>Heartbroken, I checked the time and realized I had missed my window. That
>fateful night, my slumber cost my partners and I a climb at Cliffhanger

I only just read this! That was a much better explanation than our phone call haha

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints