Chockstone Forum - Trip Reports

Tells Us About Your Latest Trip!

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
Author
Ozy last weekend of Nov 2015

IdratherbeclimbingM9
17-Sep-2015
3:54:39 PM
Oy lightfoot, you can have your thread back now as I shall start another for the upcoming Buffalo Aidfest which will likely degenerate into the usual but not unpleasant thread chit-chat before the event...

Oh, and for any who are curious about how long the longest continuous ascent record for Ozymandias Direct is; ...
The answer is 7½ days.
lightfoot
5-Oct-2015
4:26:39 PM
Thanks Rod, I've seen that thread and wish I could be there. Ironically we might end up having a crack at 1 day ascent due to other commitments. Not my 1st choice but we'll see. If we get the two days will 2 hammocks go well on grassy with a third person on the ledge?

macciza
6-Oct-2015
12:44:51 AM
I was there once with me and mate reclining on the ledge in our bags whilst a failed one day ascent father and son team shivered on the right side facing out . . .
you should be able to sort out comfort for 3 . . .

IdratherbeclimbingM9
6-Oct-2015
9:42:28 AM
>will 2 hammocks go well on grassy with a third person on the ledge?

Yes, but you may need to rig the hammocks with differing lengths so that they are tiered.
PS, don't forget your bolt plates!

As Macciza says;
>you should be able to sort out comfort for 3 . . .
... as comfort is a relative thing, especially on a multipitch over-nighter; for example, anywhere that you can sit or stand without being in etts or hanging in a harness, is a luxury motel by comparison!
;-)
lightfoot
10-Oct-2015
9:15:38 AM
Cheers, I've got plenty of plates and the hammocks were have are Hennessy ones which can be rigged as short or long as we need.
Hoping I can steer my mates away from a 1 day ascent, pretty sure we'd be ok but I want to soak it up.
Fish Boy
25-Oct-2015
3:37:41 PM
My first aid experience was on Ozy and it tool 4 days car to car. 1st day Car to 1st belay anchor, 2nd had us on Big Grassy with two hammocks which is fine, 3rd day climbed next 2 pitches to the roof (we did direct) and rapped to Big Grassy and next topped out really late.

Neither my partner or I had jugged or hauled, we used 60cm slings as ladders and we used junky duffel bags which fell apart before the top.

It was such a memorable experience that I've been up that and the original route half a dozen times including for my honeymoon. I've also caught the aid climbing disease from this route and do more aid than free these days.

I totally recommend the route She over to the left. If you finish Ozy your due for a date with She into Strange Ritual. Done that twice too.

Have fun out there anyway...
lightfoot
30-Nov-2015
11:43:29 AM
Hey there, we walked in on Thursday, sat out a hail storm at the creek then got into it. Planned on doing the direct route with my partner freeing the 2nd pitch above grassy on ozy original then traversing onto the direct route. Alas we were low on time and energy and convinced ourselves that finishing the original route was the was the best option.
We topped out in daylight, stoked and very sore/ knackered. Great adventure and can't wait to get back on the direct route next time.
My first aid climb other than Adam at the Youis and I learned heaps. We swung leads the whole route but I was glad Karl took pitches 1 & 3 plus the last stemming pitch to top out was pretty outrageous! Not as outrageous as the haul to the top though.
I'll post a proper TR when I get a chance, busy working and making up for the leave pass I was given to get away!
Cheers

IdratherbeclimbingM9
30-Nov-2015
11:48:13 AM
That is really good news feedback. I am stoked forya!, and looking forward to reading your TR here.
lightfoot
30-Nov-2015
1:17:06 PM
yep I've got some vid footage to edit which I can get pics from to add in. It was one still but rough night on little grassy.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints