Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 22
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All SA (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Jesus Loves Me, the Poofter

Chuck Norris
9-Jan-2008
9:50:16 PM
To close this off on a more serious note - I got in contact with Nick Hanc--k and was told there was a
fair bit of poetic license in his description of the 'loose block'. Make up your own mind if you want to do
the route, but i honestly don't think there is anything to worry about (for the next millennia at least...)

Anyway, all this got me thinking and I now reckon that if you want to do the crux bit (the wall/crack just
beneath the main roof) then you are better off doing it starting higher up kneedeep chimney and doing the
whole climb in two pitches (plus a short scramble) as per the FA. The first pitch as described in the guide
is nice on its own but just delays the getting to the spicey bit.
prb
10-Jan-2008
10:16:23 AM
I should add, for lovers of big Moonarie chimneys, that Kneedeep (14) is a lot of fun though rarely climbed. On the second pitch you chimney up to a roof of giant chockstones and then cave through them to a ledge. It would be an interesting pitch in an earthquake. Had to take my harness off to fit through the final squeeze. The top pitch, escaping a small cave, is also good value. It's a fun, different sort of climb that should get more attention from people who enjoy these grades.

And you can scope JLMTP!

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 22
There are 22 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints