Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 54
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Southwest You Yangs Stockyards Car Park (General) [ You Yangs Guide | Images ] 

Author
Pain and Frequency (28) @ Northern Outcrop

alrob
23-Aug-2004
4:09:39 PM
douglas, wanna head out tomorrow? give us a call on my mobile if u do. i'm keen!
Joe
14-Nov-2004
3:13:57 PM
Can someone please give me directions to Pain and Frequency. I don't have the guidebook... I wanna try it on Tuesday. Maybe you would feel like being a tour guide Al?
dalai
14-Nov-2004
4:38:51 PM
Directions:
Drive into the park, take the Great Circle drive past Gravel Pit Tor (on your right) to the Stockyard Carpark on your left (just before the road starts descending) Park your car and start walking along the old vehicle track which soon follows the fenceline.
Soon you will sight a boulder covered hill diagonally to your left. Cross the fence when the track starts heading right away from the hill. Traverse across the hillside to NW Outcrop which is ~ 1/2 up the hillside (~15-25 minute walk)

Pain and frequency is the obvious arete to the left of a leaning corner which is Grimulace.

Other worthwhile routes while you are there:
Continue traversing past P&F and a small face (grade 18) to the next outcrop. Diagonal dyke is good 22. Grimulace is also good if you like jambing.

Joe
14-Nov-2004
10:29:18 PM
Thanks heaps for the detailed directions Martin. How's the finger? Up for a boulder sometime out at Cobaw?

Breezy
15-Nov-2004
8:12:29 AM
On 11/08/2004 nmonteith wrote:
>And I should get some personal sponsorship for replacing all the manky
>excuses for bolts!

LMAO :)
dalai
15-Nov-2004
7:04:11 PM
Bouldered at the Cathedrals today, for the first time since April when I did my finger... Resprained my ankle again badly, but the finger held up!!

So we can try and organise another Cobaw session for sure Joe.

Good luck on Pain and Frequency tomorrow if you go.
adamk
16-Nov-2004
2:42:31 PM
Hey Joe,
leave yourself plenty of time to get back to the car before dark. Harold, remdan and myself (gaining somewhat of a reputation for epics) left the crag on dark, walked in a straight line for an hour (one head torch between three!) and ended up back where we started. hmmmm
Joe
16-Nov-2004
6:57:25 PM
Rad route. Couple of quite hard moves down low. Could be a bit harder now... pulled off a good size crystal 'hold' in the crux today. oops.

Rupert
16-Nov-2004
9:07:06 PM
jeez and I was so close to climbing it too.

I sandbagged Jerry Kupfer onto that about 8 years ago telling him it was graded 23 or something. He's still mad at me about it.
Dave C
16-Nov-2004
10:19:41 PM
So is that the 2nd ascent done at last, or had Doug Hocking already got that? Whoever did it, congrats & well done. It's only taken 20 years!
If more holds are coming off it may well be getting harder as myself and a pommie mate both snapped off crystals when we had a play on it in '92 (still had Claw's old bolts so we stick-clipped the first one.)
Is 28 still right?

Breezy
17-Nov-2004
8:19:21 AM
On 16/11/2004 Stuck in UK wrote:
>Is 28 still right?

Nah Mikl said its 23 :P
Dave C
17-Nov-2004
8:39:51 AM
On 17/11/2004 Breezy wrote:

>Nah Mikl said its 23 :P

Yes but was he smiling when he graded it? Laughing his ass off I suspect!

Breezy
17-Nov-2004
8:46:37 AM
haha :)

alrob
17-Nov-2004
10:50:33 AM
On 16/11/2004 Stuck in UK wrote:
>So is that the 2nd ascent done at last, or had Doug Hocking already got
>that? Whoever did it, congrats & well done. It's only taken 20 years!

i don't think douglas has been back. last time i heard from him, he was resting a sore finger. 2nd ascent is still up for grabs me thinks.

Page 3 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 54
There are 54 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints