On 1-Nov-2017 gfdonc wrote:
>FYI
>Glenelg River Rd is (still) closed between the Mt Victory Rd and Boreang
>campground.
>
>Redmans track is still closed, since it was washed out by rainfall
>in September 2016. This impacts access to some 15 crags, including Barbican
>Rocks, Barbican Wall and Redman's Bluff. I have written to the VCC access
>officer for an update but still awaiting a reply.
>
Hi Steve,

As I explained in an email at the time, insurance issues have held up road repairs. This issue has been brought up numerous times by myself and other stakeholders and it's continued to take its time. From all accounts the insurance side of things is a convoluted pain in the ass. Asses Ears which you also enquired about was repaired and opened. As far as I am aware, Redmans is next on the agenda. As much as I would love to be able to fix this, other than the constant discussion I have about it to PV, I have no sway when it comes to insurance. Your suggestions of opening up a bit of it has the problems I have explained to you before. And the speed with which my replies travel back to you are often dependant on the workload and access priorities I have. Hope this helps.
Cheers Tracey
sch
7-Nov-2017
7:20:27 AM
Steve& Tracey,my perspective for what it's worth. Glenelg River Rd has been closed for an unreasonable length of time waiting for a relatively minor repair on a culvert. A farmer and his dog could fix it in a day or a bobcat operator in a day. The road was actually open for a couple of months after the "damage " occurred before anyone noticed and the road was subsequently closed. I think the bigger issue is that Glenelg River Rd is a potential hazard for two way traffic and Parks may make it one way as they did for the Silverband Rd.
The repairs to Redman Rd were done more than six months ago. Maybe it has washed out again since ?
It seems the repairs are complete in many instances for many months before the tracks are reopened but maybe Parks like to watch how the earthwork settles. There is no doubt management is over cautious with public risk. It's lucky we are still allowed to climb, walk and cycle in the Grampians.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 22
There are 22 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints