Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Dam Cliffs access road

Greystroke
3-May-2015
4:46:22 PM
Anyone know what happened to the dam cliffs (in the Bluies) access road recently? Someone has come along and graded the entire road, filling in the holes and removing rocks, widening the road in the process and making a general f-ing mess... I know the road used to be a little rough but that was part of the charm of the place, now it seems any man, dog and honda civic can stroll on down there, and to be fair it didn't need a 4wd to get in anyway just roll through the puddles, wasn't hard. With the amount of times I've gone down there and found the place littered with crap and firepits all over the darn place I can only imagine it might get worse.

Happened sometime since February this year just didn't hear anything about it taking place. Really hoping this wasn't a private endeavour as entry was already a little rocky to begin with, especially with people constantly knocking the Rail gates and fences down so they can use the rail corridor as entrance.
martym
3-May-2015
8:24:24 PM
As you can tell by the fire pits and rubbish, the dams is frequented many interest groups. Everyone in Lithgow and The upper Mts uses it as a summer swimming hole. Many bikers stop for a dip.. The last few times I've been there have been groups from TAFE and some of the colleges - perhaps they put in a request?
It's on Rail owned land so the obvious thought would be they graded it?
yosemite05
4-May-2015
3:02:17 PM
Even Emergency services use the place for conducting rescue drills. With all this rain its almost back to its original condition.
a_stevo
4-May-2015
8:02:20 PM
I resent the remark about honda civics. My little beast has gone all sort of places it wouldn't be reasonably expected to.

Is it the main road following the railway or the bit that heads downhill? The top half gets a lot of traffic from rail workers and the bottom gets lots of non climbers and 4wd'ers

There are 4 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints