HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles The Northern Group (General) Kachoong Cliffs [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Rap rings above Hurts?

simonu
21-Sep-2006
10:39:07 AM
I noticed on a list of new or improved rap stations in the Nati mountain shop that there were rings above Hurts. I climbed it earlier this week and couldn't see any rings or chains. Have they been chopped? If not, where are they?
prb
21-Sep-2006
12:45:26 PM
The ring bolts were there a couple of weeks ago. At the end of the steep climbing on Hurts, you move several metres R and then up to them. You might miss them if you climb straight up instead. They're probably just to the R of the start of Hurts. To access them from above, I use a short static. Confident types could scramble down.

simonu
21-Sep-2006
2:01:58 PM
I climbed pretty much straight up, so I must have missed them. Still, it's a "lovely" walk down.
prb
21-Sep-2006
2:51:34 PM
Most of our recent trips to Araps have included a visit to Hurts Wall (a friend had been sniffing at Kachoong). I like it: Hurts is a blast, Ground Cummin is an easy version of Hurts, Cyclic is an interesting climb with some exciting moments, and In Phase is steep, technical, and no soft touch at 23 in the opinion of several of us.

And watching the faces of the passing parade to Kachoong is always interesting...

simonu
21-Sep-2006
3:03:15 PM
Hurts was loads of fun, pumpy as all hell though. We've been sniffing round Kachoong too, I've promised to do it by the end of the year. 3 months left and counting...
Nottobetaken
22-Sep-2006
10:33:03 AM
As stated by prb, the lower-off is more in line with the finish of 'In Phase' - which is an excellent 23, but not surprisingly gets 24 in Louise's guide. For an onsight it must be worth that. Stays dry in light rain as well and has bomber gear. The start is a bit spicy though.

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints