HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Arapiles - April-Jun 2015
Richard H
17-Nov-2014
6:44:17 AM
Hi Folks,

Back in 2008 I stayed at the Pines for 3-4 months as a climber traveling by myself and found a great bunch of 'long termers' to climb with. I am thinking of doing a similar stint in April to June next year, but am looking to find out if at that time of year I am likely to find a good scene.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard Halsey - South Africa

shortman
17-Nov-2014
9:51:19 AM
Will be a great scene at that time of year.
timbigot
17-Nov-2014
10:45:11 AM
Seems like this might be a more appropriate question in the find a partner or crag info threads.
dalai
17-Nov-2014
12:50:32 PM
Agreed Timbigot. Moved...
Jayford4321
17-Nov-2014
2:35:45 PM
On 17/11/2014 Richard H wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Back in 2008 I stayed at the Pines for 3-4 months as a climber traveling
>by myself and found a great bunch of 'long termers' to climb with. I am
>thinking of doing a similar stint in April to June next year, but am looking
>to find out if at that time of year I am likely to find a good scene.
>
>Any info would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Richard Halsey - South Africa
>
>
2008 to 2014 and you still can't find a partner?

Relax. 2015 in Jo'burg = 2008 in Nati.
Just rock up and you will be fine.
If you wanted to repeat the experience you had B4 at places like Mt Kiera, Bluies, Taswegia, Point Perp, Gramps, The Cave (South Aust), etc, then you'd be well f---ed, as they sprout bolts aplenty compared to back then now.
Climbing partners? It is, as you no doubt appreciate, an ever changing scene, and although you will find partners camped there, you take your chances if you know what I mean.
Beware of hammers if you play guitar at campfires... as that has changed too.

There are 5 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints