HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians Northern Hollow Mountain & Surrounds Clicke Wall [ Clicke Images ] 

Author
Our House In The Middle of The Street
kieranl
26-Aug-2006
12:01:54 PM
Was bumbling around below this last weekend and looking at this. Has anyone seriously looked at freeing this? Seems a bit surprising that it hasn't been done even if it is mostly a crack.
kieranl
28-Aug-2006
7:52:29 PM
bump
James
29-Aug-2006
9:18:38 AM
where at Clicke Wall is it? We were just there on Sunday but only had the Selected Gramps guide with us, & so were wondering what the other lines are. What are the 3 mixed/bolted lines left of Dinotopia?

PS: despite the negative comments in the Selected Guide, Giblets is a great route!! either the original finish (@20) or you can finish direct up the white-ish/grey streak past 2 FHs @ 23 (I think this is the top of Slave Driver Saliva?).
kp
29-Aug-2006
9:21:58 AM
ya giblets is good eh. The Fh's are on 'order through chaos'...

the mixed routes are ramons. 21-23 ish

nmonteith
29-Aug-2006
9:26:48 AM
All Clicke routes are listed on the ACA online guide
http://www.climb.org.au/index.php?page=27&area_id=220

nmonteith
29-Aug-2006
9:29:06 AM
Our House In The Middle of The Street 20m M3

is listed in the Kindergartern area not Clicke Wall
http://www.climb.org.au/index.php?page=27&area_id=222
dalai
29-Aug-2006
9:41:48 AM
Also there already listed as a FFA...

10 metre roof! Sounds good, any pictures?
kieranl
29-Aug-2006
12:53:14 PM
On 29/08/2006 dalai wrote:
>Also there already listed as a FFA...
>
>10 metre roof! Sounds good, any pictures?

Should just be FA (first ascent) in the guide. Adam and Robbie put it up on aid. Haven't got any photos but it looks good and could be worked on late in the day when other things are in the sun.

I put it under Clicke wall because I didn't have a "Kindergarten" option in the crag list and most people will approach via Clicke.

nmonteith
29-Aug-2006
12:57:59 PM
On 29/08/2006 kieranl wrote:
>Should just be FA (first ascent) in the guide.

The mis-labled FFA tag is a database problem with the way they setup the ACA website (there is no 'aid'
option - everything is a FFA). I am getting them to change it ASAP.

A 10m trad roof crack isn't excatly the flavour of the month for most of the hard climbers in Victoria these
days. Thats probabaly the reason its never been done!

MrKyle
29-Aug-2006
1:02:48 PM
I remember looking up in wonder at that crack yonks ago (back in my bouldering days) and thinking it looked pretty unlikely. And I'm generally overly optimistic about these things.
Kinda of 'eat my underpants' bet territory.
kieranl
31-Aug-2006
10:53:28 PM
On 29/08/2006 MrKyle wrote:
>Kinda of 'eat my underpants' bet territory.
That's complete rubbish. There's a crack and some features. You don't know unless you try it. Maybe it's impossible but you can't tell until you have a go.
The "Baxter defense" really doesn't cut it.

MrKyle
1-Sep-2006
9:28:57 AM
Indeed. But I did say 'unlikely' not 'impossible'. I certainly won't be commiting to the underpants bet if that's any indication.
duglash
17-Sep-2006
8:09:10 PM
I think Dave J might have done it at 26? Looked pretty hard for that when i looked at it a few months
ago.

There are 13 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints