Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians Central (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Author
Rosea - Left Side Access
kieranl
12-Nov-2013
9:45:24 PM
The initial section of the access to the left side of Rosea has been fairly rough. Yesterday I tried to do a bit of tidying up on it. This involved clearing or cutting some fallen timber, trimming some bracken and bushes and re-routing the track below the Coronary Country area.

The rock on the corner at the third hairpin has fallen over, forcing people off the track downhill. This needs a little bit of rock-work to stop further erosion.

The route from the third hairpin to the Shadrach buttress is unchanged. To reduce erosion at the bend I follow the track slightly uphill from the bend and then cut back left above the two large trees that sit above the corner. The route up diagonally left and then across the hillside to the base of the first buttress is obvious (I think).

Continue past Shadrach and the track passes just above the lip of a large landslip and then goes under a fallen tree. A bit of wood has been cleared here.

Just after this tree the route used to go up the hillside towards the foot of Coronary Country. This is now very rough and quite erosion prone. Rather than go up here, the route roughly continues contouring around until a short rocky step just past Gillian.

This is the view up left from the foot of the rock step. The righthand of the nice twin cracks is Cry Freedom 20.

This is the view up right from the foot of the rock step. The main line is Gillian 18.

Move up a couple of metres on the step until there is a choice of going left or right. For the climbs further along, continue moving left across the hillside to Bourgeois Blues. For routes in the Coronary Country sector (from Memories Of Provence to Twitter And Bisted) go right from the rock step.
kieranl
12-Nov-2013
9:47:56 PM
I took some photos of some people on the second pitch of Speculation yesterday. If they would like the photos they can email me : kieranl at aanet dot com dot au
gfdonc
13-Nov-2013
9:15:46 AM
Good work K.

There are 3 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints