HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Eastern (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Glue up on Koonung Ck near Surrey Rd, Blackburn

shortman
1-Oct-2013
9:26:47 AM
Does anyone know how long the glue up has been in the tunnel there?

Dalai?

dalai
1-Oct-2013
10:36:34 AM
Hadn't heard of this one... Pictures?
marky
1-Oct-2013
10:50:31 AM
This is new to me also! And it's just round the corner from me, Pictures!

shortman
1-Oct-2013
11:41:53 AM

She is pretty with an awesome landing.

I've a heap of resin and track rocks ATM so will get around to glueing up the hole thing with hangers soon.

shortman
1-Oct-2013
11:42:43 AM
You can see the 'holds' on the right.

ajfclark
1-Oct-2013
12:08:55 PM
Squint as I might, I can't see shit... Can you email me a full res copy?

shortman
1-Oct-2013
12:14:24 PM
Done. Thanks Andrew.
dalai
1-Oct-2013
5:17:50 PM
Definitely not the best landing!
dalai
1-Oct-2013
10:13:03 PM
If you want to invest time in gluing up a concave creek tunnel, the one on Gardiners creek under Burke rd has a flat concrete landing at its upstream end as long as it hasn't rained...

I can photograph if required.

shortman
2-Oct-2013
7:47:11 PM
On 1/10/2013 dalai wrote:
>If you want to invest time in gluing up a concave creek tunnel, the one
>on Gardiners creek under Burke rd has a flat concrete landing at its upstream
>end as long as it hasn't rained...
>
>I can photograph if required.

Na, thanks anyway Dalai. I lived further down the creek for years and there is one like this with a sandy bed. Flooding changes these landscapes regularly.
dalai
3-Oct-2013
10:34:30 AM
Still might take that photo Shortman - could motivate someone to do a glue up at the Burke rd tunnel which is closer to me... ;-)

dan_b
1-Feb-2014
2:27:11 PM
Dalai, depending on which end of Burke Rd (or which Burke Rd for that matter) you are referring, there is a glue up near the Burke Rd freeway overpass of the Monash. It's is near the bike path tunnel, but not in it. It is on the Camberwell side of Burke Rd, where the road is elevated to clear the freeway very near to the tunnel on the side next to the park with play ground (which incidentally has a kids bouldering wall). It is on the left if facing towards Dandenong Rd. If you find a small basketball court near a soccer ground you are on the right track.

It looks as if it's been there a while (missing one or two holds, been painted over), but definitely usable.
I was planning on resurrecting it in late Feb once work slows down.
dalai
1-Feb-2014
11:20:29 PM
I know that wall you refer to; I've never bouldered there....

I am referring to the creek tunnel same side of Burke rd. Overhung but the base will get wet after any rain.

pmonks
2-Feb-2014
5:15:53 AM
You wacky Victarcticans and your obsession with grotty urban speleoclimbing!
dalai
2-Feb-2014
1:03:19 PM
There are a number of outdoor bouldering spots too. But handy to have something close to home...

There are 15 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints