Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians (General) (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Author
Grampians Sport Crags - Guidebook updates
Kp
20-May-2017
5:20:42 PM
Sorry abe NM will have to make that call. Last time I tried to enter that valley via "the track" I wished I owned a flamethrower. Ha !!

If others have new routes or beta ...please add a comment to the google docs. I have updated loads of information and greatly appreciate any info.

Thanks
AndreasAachen
23-May-2017
10:44:43 AM
I think there is confusion in the latest guidbook about two routes at the gallery which start at the top left of the cave and exit it around the corner (A sport and a mixed line).

The sport line (which seems to be the harder one (21?) is the one going out to the arete while the mixed one (the easier one?) goes straight up.
The guide book displayes them the other way around as well as their grades switched.

Cheers,
Andreas
Kp
23-May-2017
6:28:00 PM
Andreas the topo looks right to me, except the 17 goes right later at approx 10m mark

Left route (contrived bolted face) =21
Right (arête on grey dyke jugs) =17

The 21 is a super squeeze job unfortunately
AndreasAachen
24-May-2017
10:15:46 AM
Except for the bolts are on the right...

Edit:
Ah okay, so i guess they both tackle the right side of the block, relatively close to each other?
Because at most parts of the 21 (the bolted line) I am able to touch the right arete.
MichaelOR
27-May-2017
2:57:16 PM
KP, I edited my post re the new routes at Watchmen. Both routes finish at the same anchors. I've got a photo that I'll add the line of each route to and send to you a bit later.
Michael

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 25
There are 25 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints