Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Edelrid: "Ultralight Helmet" (Red) Fits 54 - 60cm Great heavy duty all-rounder. SUPER SPECIAL for a short time only!  $79.00
21% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Weather at Araps

dimpet
30/09/2011
10:30:17 AM
How is the weather looking in Nati today?
kieranl
30/09/2011
11:02:44 AM
Grey and cool. No rain so far.

seppo
30/09/2011
11:45:33 AM
past few days have been cold, gray, and crap. nearly 100% chance of screaming kids and yuppies
kieranl
30/09/2011
11:48:45 AM
I stand corrected. It's now raining feral animals.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
30/09/2011
11:50:41 AM
So when is the local tourism association going to put a weather-cam on Arapiles?
Wendy
30/09/2011
11:51:43 AM
I just got in from work. I was quite impressed to get up d minor and have time to go bouldering before the rain started. It doesn't look like stopping in a hurry now.

stugang
30/09/2011
11:53:06 AM
On 30/09/2011 kieranl wrote:
>Grey and cool.

He was asking for a weather report - not a date.
kieranl
30/09/2011
12:42:37 PM
On 30/09/2011 useful wrote:
>On 30/09/2011 kieranl wrote:
>>Grey and cool.
>
>He was asking for a weather report - not a date.
Partially the first, not at all the second.

dimpet
30/09/2011
1:27:12 PM
Thanks for the updates.

Webcam on Araps would be cool.
patto
1/10/2011
10:52:22 PM
Setting up a web cam from Natimuk pointed at the mount would be trivial. Setting up a Pines cam would be more fun** but a little more difficult.

**Must have night vision mode to capture hammer incidents.
tskinner
2/10/2011
7:00:57 PM
On 30/09/2011 dimpet wrote:
>Thanks for the updates.
>
>Webcam on Araps would be cool.
Well, now that you mention it...
We have location, location,location...at Mtre. Our backyard looks out on araps only a couple of kms away and we can see the weather coming in from the west. We are seriously throwing around the idea so any handy tech hints, feel free to comment

comablur
3/10/2011
12:47:17 PM
Bloody lazy bastard type climbers, next they will want a feel’a’ cam so they can feel the rock and then a smell’a’ cam so they can smell the rock. Maybe even take a dump into a brown paper bag and mail it to them........................................................

Sabu
3/10/2011
12:50:51 PM
I think a camera that could look behind the mount would be more useful in the pines to be honest (aside from the obvious connectivity issues). Because the weather comes the west you can't see what's behind the mount when deciding whether to stay in the hammock or go climbing!!
kieranl
3/10/2011
12:59:49 PM
On 3/10/2011 Sabu wrote:
>I think a camera that could look behind the mount would be more useful
>in the pines to be honest (aside from the obvious connectivity issues).
>Because the weather comes the west you can't see what's behind the mount
>when deciding whether to stay in the hammock or go climbing!!
A good argument for not setting up a web-cam. The more information you have the more you will be able to procrastinate.

Sabu
3/10/2011
1:07:33 PM
Ha true!

JimmyS
7/10/2011
2:28:53 PM
Just a heads up guys,

Any one heading to Araps this coming Mon, Tues and Wed might wanna get their favourite camp site early.

A teacher friend has told me that a school group of 30 to 40 odd screaming Year 11's will be camping at the pines on those days!

Cheers
kieranl
16/03/2013
10:18:59 PM
What a change in weather. Sweltering last weekend. Today : strong wind gusts, rain, dust-storm and sunshine - and all on one pitch. God, it was great!

Eduardo Slabofvic
17/03/2013
10:36:12 PM
On 2/10/2011 tskinner wrote:
>so any handy tech
>hints, feel free to comment

I recon a "Big Brother" style set up in your house.

If those walls could talk!

There are 18 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints