Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
International (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Geyikbayiri - Turkey

Benjenga
6-Apr-2013
4:49:28 AM
Hey Adam when were you planning on coming over here? We arrived at the GayBar today after 5 days down by the sea at olympos. My first impression is that's its hot and sunny but perhaps that was just today's weather.
My other impression was its crowed with Germans!!! We haven't see crowds or had to line up for routes at all in the last 4 months of craging around Europe so today was a bit of a shock.

We are at JoSiTo which is also busy so book ahead if your coming soon, this place has a very laid back hippy vibe.

Make sure you spend some time down at olympos, that place is really nice (it reminds me of tonsai) and 10 mins walk along the river to the sea. We stayed at bayram pension and had a private bungalow with breakfast and really nice varied dinner each night for $20 each.
The main wall down there is a stunning vert to slightly overhung sheet of limestone 150m long by 40m high with super cool routes from 4 to 8c and plenty in between. The wall is in the shade most of the day due to its aspect and is a Turkish climbing must.

Have fun.

nmonteith
6-Apr-2013
11:21:10 AM
Was Olympus crowded Ben? When we were there (May) it
was a bit of a ghost town. Empty bungalows and cliffs empty of climbers. In other words it was great! I agree the food, acom and 'vibe' was very Thailand. An the roman ruins in the jungle were a major plus.

Benjenga
7-Apr-2013
3:36:02 AM
Had the place mostly to myself which was great. Met a couple of people but no crowds.
Olympos rocks.

vwills
21-Oct-2013
10:31:06 AM
Just wondering about internet access around Olympos and Geyikbayiri in the camoing areas, as my climbing partner is committed to working one day a week while we are travelling around next year ....

nmonteith
21-Oct-2013
12:01:41 PM
We had good wifi in Olympos in 2008. I can't remember about Geyikbayiri - just email the camp and ask them.

vwills
19-Mar-2014
12:31:05 AM
Now here. There are few other places to stay. We are at Dezbans where the little shacks are 20 euro a night. Joisitos And climbers garden were booked out when I emailed them a couple of weeks ago, but this place which seems very similar and nice, and could accommodate us. It's next to jositos. We got a bus from anatalya which was 3 lira each and leaves the dolmus station at 730, 1230 and 430 and goes all the way to the village of geyikbiari (you get off at a road on the left which has signs for both places). Unfortunately they neglected to tell us the restaurant attachedis closed but we are ducking next door for dinners as we arrived without supplies. There is another camping place nearby- risdos.
It's hot in the sun. Pleasant in the shade. Wifi clearly works

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 26
There are 26 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints