Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 42
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians The Black Range Black Ian's Rocks (General) [ Black Ian's Guide | Images ] 

Author
Dogs @ Black Ians

shortman
15-Sep-2012
4:55:25 PM
Title says it all.

Does anyone know if it is kosha to take dogs to Black Ians Rocks?
dalai
15-Sep-2012
5:41:53 PM
Bringing America to a crag near you...

Can't recall if dogs aren't officially allowed, but don't think dogs should be there.

shortman
15-Sep-2012
6:17:49 PM
Don't come next weekend then dalai.

mattjr
15-Sep-2012
6:45:54 PM
The land adjacent to the black ranges(including access road) are on private land. The crag itself is national park. You know what that means shortsquat, I recall you being flamed on this issue in the past?
Cam McKenzie
15-Sep-2012
6:47:46 PM
Pretty sure the crag's in the national park, so that would be a no to dogs. There's a paddock thing next to it where you can camp that is not part of the national park (at least there used to be), so you might be able to leave the puppy there, but dunno if the bloke that owns it would be cool with that or not.

shortman
15-Sep-2012
6:54:10 PM
This is also the bit where all the people who know Job can freely talk about how awesome he is and how he can climb slabs and is like a wonder dog.

Just don't use the word carfuddle.

shortman
15-Sep-2012
6:56:19 PM
On 15/09/2012 mattjr wrote:
>The land adjacent to the black ranges(including access road) are on private
>land. The crag itself is national park. You know what that means shortsquat,
>I recall you being flamed on this issue in the past?

I can't find the question in your post.
marky
15-Sep-2012
7:26:28 PM
If the crags in a national park then no dogs allowed. Why the need to ask if it's kosha?
egosan
15-Sep-2012
7:55:25 PM
I may be wrong; however, my quick perusal of google maps leads me to believe it is state forest. Dogs may indeed be kosher.
That said, the dog that pisses on my rope is diner.

shortman
15-Sep-2012
8:20:38 PM
On 15/09/2012 egosan wrote:
>I may be wrong; however, my quick perusal of google maps leads me to believe
>it is state forest. Dogs may indeed be kosher.
>That said, the dog that pisses on my rope is diner.

This is why I ask the question.
jimfalla
15-Sep-2012
9:32:40 PM
I used to take my collie there regularly, but she stressed the nesting peregrines out way more than the climbers did. I eventually realised that that small part of the world was better off without my dog.

shortman
15-Sep-2012
9:36:34 PM
On 15/09/2012 jimfalla wrote:
>I used to take my collie there regularly, but she stressed the nesting
>peregrines out way more than the climbers did. I eventually realised that
>that small part of the world was better off without my dog.

Bummer.

Is it still nesting season?
MichaelOR
15-Sep-2012
10:51:21 PM
Now shorty!
dalai
16-Sep-2012
3:14:06 AM
Some info

http://cliffcare.org.au/about/falconwatch/

SteveC
16-Sep-2012
7:30:45 PM
Was thinking about writing something like: If it's a big intelligent shepherd type dog then most people would be fine with it, if it's a yappy little ball of neurosis then leave it at grandma's place.

But then:

On 15/09/2012 shortman wrote:
>
>Is it still nesting season?

And i realised it must be a Staffy terrior. Piss on an old boot, throw it to the mutt and leave it in the backyard. Then go climbing.

shortman
16-Sep-2012
8:17:37 PM
On 16/09/2012 SteveC wrote:
>Was thinking about writing something like: If it's a big intelligent shepherd
>type dog then most people would be fine with it, if it's a yappy little
>ball of neurosis then leave it at grandma's place.
>
>But then:
>
>On 15/09/2012 shortman wrote:
>>
>>Is it still nesting season?
>
>And i realised it must be a Staffy terrior. Piss on an old boot, throw
>it to the mutt and leave it in the backyard. Then go climbing.
>
>
>

Na, not a staffy. Medium sized working dog.

I've looked into this a bit today, seems it's miles outta national park. Thanks to the peanut gallery all the same.

shortman
16-Sep-2012
8:26:11 PM
And to everyone who said nothing; thank you, sometimes silence speaks volumes.
marky
16-Sep-2012
8:44:01 PM
Why have a dog at a crag? When your climbing what do you do... Let your dog run around disturbing the local wildlife? Or tie it to a tree? If it's the later why don't you just leave him tied up at home... no difference...

JamesMc
16-Sep-2012
8:54:38 PM
Black Ians is miles from any national park.

JamesMc

shortman
16-Sep-2012
8:55:20 PM
I usually take my dog everywhere outside of national parks. He's a chiller. I can't tie him to a tree, I don't have a lead. When we climb he usually bakes in the sun and chews sticks and shit. Normally I'd climb 8 hrs a day, that leaves plenty of time for walkin and talkin and all that. He's scared of roos and doesn't care much for birds and doesn't bark, he just kinda adds to the day really.

So outside of all the assumptions does that sum it up for you?

Page 1 of 3. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 42
There are 42 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints