Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians Victoria Range (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Author
Red Rock Creek Access Change
kieranl
22-Aug-2012
8:47:50 AM
That block must be pretty close to 100 hectares - about 2 km long and 0.5 km wide. Would be close.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Aug-2012
9:51:41 AM
The fact that the block seems to have sold 'apparently on the quiet', does not surprise me at all.
Having lived rurally for most of my life in various locations relocating with work opportunities (resulting in buying and selling), the amount of 'good blocks' that simply change hands (often with other locals), without ever being formally advertised is far greater than is generally known about. In fact often there is a local waiting list!

About the only small rural block that has come up with a house on it in a similarly magical climber-location that I am aware of, that actually went through a Real Estate Agent, was one at the foot of Mt Timor (Warrumbungles Nat. Park), back in the mid 90's.
~> Multipitch plus bouldering literally on your back doorstep is the ultimate convenience cliff(!), but you have to have the contacts (involves research), and the capital at hand to grab the opportunity when it comes up.

There are currently some blocks going in the Bylong valley (between Kandos and Muswellbrook - fronting NP clifflines), due the coal mines wanting to expand in that direction!
:(

nmonteith
22-Aug-2012
10:00:05 AM
The new owner should put it up for auction! It sounds like there would be quite the competitive bidding war - at least between Stu, James and myself! I wonder what it sold for? Is there public records of that kind of thing?

Superstu
22-Aug-2012
10:12:35 AM
At 100 hectares we might all have to pitch in to buy it then subdivide by gentlemans agreement!

shortman
22-Aug-2012
10:15:45 AM
On 22/08/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>The new owner should put it up for auction! It sounds like there would
>be quite the competitive bidding war - at least between Stu, James and
>myself! I wonder what it sold for? Is there public records of that kind
>of thing?

I'd be keen too!

IdratherbeclimbingM9
22-Aug-2012
10:21:18 AM
On 22/08/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>I wonder what it sold for? Is there public records of that kind of thing?

http://www.homepriceguide.com.au/

~> Look at Street history report.

(Contains last 10 years+ of info for NSW and Qld, but Vic is still bringing database up to present?)

There is probably a govt site that would list such things as well, but you would need to know specific house No, or Lot/DP No etc.
Access T CliffCare
22-Aug-2012
1:15:03 PM
Info has now been added to all the various sites, will be in newsletters and will be included on the monthly newsletter to the gyms which I will hopefully get organized within the next two weeks. Hopefully the info will get out there to as many people as possible.
I will be doing some further enquiry into this about possibilities for the future but as noted above, please respect the property owners wishes. This 'new' access has always been there and as I found out yesterday, a few people I know have always accessed it this way.
Thanks to Dave k for alerting us to this and Kieran for his prompt organization of an Access alert 'release'

cheers,
Tracey
Dave.k
24-Aug-2012
5:15:28 PM
On 21/08/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>Does anyone have any idea on what he has plans for on that property? Canola
>farm? Sheep? House? I wonder if he is interested in sub-dividing!!! (I
>am very serious)

I'm with Neil. Being serious here too, surely the farmer is not that interested in the crosley triangle paddock. We should create some kind of Climber's Coop or Syndicate and subdivide just that paddock out. A dirt rd up the middle, a few cabins and tracks that access (within walking distance if necessary) to Muline, Mt Fox, Red Rocks, The Tower and Buandik. Reforest the rest of the grass.

nmonteith
24-Aug-2012
6:17:47 PM
I'm sure he could make more money from selling to us climbers than any sheep grazing or tree farm.

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints