Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

DMM: Renegade SIZE LARGE. (2013 model) - Red piping... Adjustable Padded Harness, 7 Gear Loops Fits: Waist: 87-104cm Legs:55-70 cm N/B Waist belt padding floats - Awesome design IMO. Only 1 left!  $99.00
34% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Bouldering near Jindabyne
SydneyBattler
1/07/2012
7:21:29 PM
Going skiing next week and was wondering if there's any bouldering around Jindabyne or anywhere in the Australian Alps area for a rest day?

Cheers
crm114
1/07/2012
10:57:56 PM
Yep, there is.

Only checked out a little bit of it myself but picked up a little guide from one of the outdoor gear stores in the main shop drag. It was about $8 but someone may have put it on or put something up of their own.

There was a fair variation of grades and you can access a lot just by following the bike path around the lake there. Cannot remember anything stellar but completely fine for a rest day.

sbm
1/07/2012
11:53:09 PM
>Only checked out a little bit of it myself but picked up a little guide
>from one of the outdoor gear stores in the main shop drag. It was about
>$8 but someone may have put it on or put something up of their own.

Wow had no idea there was a Jindabyne guide. What with a new Blue Lake guide out perhaps we'll see a resurgence of Kosci granite in the next couple years? I reckon there is climbing there that can hold its own with the Mt. Buffalo plateau crags for quality...

Plenty of boulders near the resorts, pick ones that face north and away you go. The hard part is spotting in knee-deep snow and keeping the shoes dry.
Mr Poopypants
2/07/2012
7:37:49 AM
There is a small photocopied type guide by some young dudes. It's a bit dated now. They used to work for this mob in Jindy http://www.k7adventures.com

The tip is another area, just on the right as you leave Jindy towards Cooma, before the Dam. Lakeside is pretty easy to find. Turn R leaving Jindy towards Thredbo, at the last big roundabout (the Barry Way) Drive down towards the Lake and around the shore to the left on the dirt track. Park at the boulders.

Bouldering in mitts is hard!
Dave.k
3/07/2012
3:43:40 PM
Maybe a decade or more ago, my brother Mike and I developed a bunch of stuff around Berridale. It was the opposite side to the dam- we went to the homestead on one of the farms (the one with the largest boulders) and befriended the farmer.

After asking where the biggest boulders on his property were, he welcomed us to take a look and kindly gave us directions to a cluster of boulders that would dwarf the Citadel. It involved driving through a paddock through a few cattle fences to beyond what you can see from the road. The quality of the granite was vastly better than the grey stuff up higher or near the lake. It was orange and finer-grained.

Anyway, it was all a bit too much trouble with the private access and all, so we never made a big deal out of it. That said, there was some fantastic stuff.

-Dave
Dr Nick
4/10/2012
10:17:19 AM
Resurrecting the past here, but I drove from Adaminaby to Berridale via backroads a while back and there is a metric buttload, if not an imperial one, of fine looking boulders on private land out there. If you were in the area for an extended period I'd be doing as the brothers K did, and approaching local landowners.

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints