Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Northwest (General) (General) (General)  

Author
Lerderderg gorge climbing

shortman
7-May-2012
8:10:29 AM
On 7/05/2012 One Day Hero wrote:

>Just about every good crag, yes!
>
>Look, how stupid do you think previous generations of climbers were? You
>reckon the guys developing shitholes like the You Yangs and Werribee actually
>believed they were onto good crags? They were cleaning up scraps, after
>having obsessively scoured the countryside and failing to find better rock
>
>It's only though some combination of naivety and stupidity that you think
>you're going to waltz around in the bush on a daytrip from melbourne, and
>happen upon "the next arapiles"

I think Damo has hit the nail on the head. The next Arapiles is not laying around some obscure Victorian corner. However, a 10 metre pile of crap is. Plenty of them.

And truth be told, there are far inferior places than Lederderg gorge to go searching.

rodw
7-May-2012
8:16:46 AM
The thrill of exploration/development etc is fun in itself most times......not every climb/area as to be 5 star classic to be fun....and I would hazard a guess is not the prime motivation for exploration in the first place.

Miguel75
7-May-2012
10:25:31 AM
On 7/05/2012 One Day Hero wrote:
>Step 1) Cut out the bullcrap with "I only climb trad". Good sport routes
>are better than shit trad routes, so leave room on your bucket list for
>good routes with bolts.
>
>Step 2) Ease back on the aid training and get stronger for rock climbing............most
>of the proper balltearing routes in Australia are harder than 18.

Que sad, slow violinists playing little violins: I climb mostly by myself on self belay TR so when I get the opportunity to get out climbing with a real live person I like to jump onto a trad climb and frolick. That being said I am currently projecting a few sports routes that are a number of grades above my max level. One day I shall conquer them and raise my fist triumphantly into the air.

>Step 3) Wait till Simey publishes his full colour, coffee table/guidebook
>to the best routes in the country......it's a bucket list on a platter*
>
>
>
>*available in stores around 2024!

I'm holding my breath;)
hero
7-May-2012
2:32:46 PM
I met this guy Tony who got the shit beaten out of him in Lerdederg for wandering too close to some dudes' dope crop. And the place is full of bogan detritus.

Miguel75
7-May-2012
3:02:32 PM
On 7/05/2012 hero wrote:
>....And the place is full of bogan detritus.

True, feral bogans abound in the Melton, Bacchus Marsh area. I've recently happened upon an extremely effective 'aeroguard' type bogan repellant. I like to call it 'bogans be gone!' but most people just call it a 12 gauge;)

shortman
7-May-2012
3:16:56 PM
On 7/05/2012 Miguel75 wrote:
>On 7/05/2012 hero wrote:
>>....And the place is full of bogan detritus.
>
>True, feral bogans abound in the Melton, Bacchus Marsh area. I've recently
>happened upon an extremely effective 'aeroguard' type bogan repellant.
>I like to call it 'bogans be gone!' but most people just call it a 12 gauge;)

Blasphemy! But very funny all the same!
slonty
9-Oct-2012
9:36:51 AM
Whats argus? trying to find that article you mentioned

shortman
9-Oct-2012
9:41:52 AM
Argus is the Victorian Climbing Clubs monthly publication.

Issue 10 2011 had a small topo and route description of a new line put up last year.

Nothin major. It all seems pretty easy out that way. Just bash and start climbing somewhere.
slonty
9-Oct-2012
9:46:35 AM
Cheers Shortman

Page 2 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 29
There are 29 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints